“Second stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Pontoon Beach
“Second stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed again for the weekend with family, clean hotel kind of a clubby atmosphere in lobby with pool table and realistic hotel drinks. Pool out of order for the weekend. A little on the expensive side on breakfast and other snack hotel foods, but great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Tony S,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We're delighted that you and your family enjoyed your overall stay with us. We apologize that the pool was out of order for the weekend. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was very underwhelmed by this hotel. The rate we were offered for 1 night as part of a wedding was a great rate for Chicago. However, this hotel isn't in Chicago, rather about an hour out. The hotel was dirty, carpet stained, walls marked up and chipped paint, and lumpy beds. Poor room layout, no real space for people to sit and converse. Elevators looked like service elevators? Weird display cases of overpriced games. Bathrooms in lobby had the doors propped open, which was awkward because you could see in them from the lobby. I was not impressed and wouldn't stay here again.

Oh....and no ice machines?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear lovesthebeach1384,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel. Cleanliness is very important to us and we will be sure to share your comments with our team as we continue to evaluate ways to improve our guest experience. We apologize about the confusion about the ice machines, they are located on the main level. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you should you travel through Bolingbrook again. Take care.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I went there with my family to change the environment for one weekend night. The hostess was extremely friendly and she let us choose a room of our preference. The room appeared to be clean and decorated in modern ikea style. We ordered some meatballs and drinks from the cafe, it was good. We tried out the pool, it was nice. On improvement side, there were young boys hanging around with a huge bottle of whiskey that was half empty, and it was very loud at night because the price of the place is very affordable and young people party there. Overall it was fun, but if you need to have a good night sleep bring earplugs.

Stayed April 2014
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The location of this property is convenient to the main arteries to get to Chicago, malls and restaurants. The room was spacious, comfortable and decor was nice. The bed made it hard to wake up , super comfortable. The finishing and trimming was a little sloppy. The attention to detail needs to fine tuned. The colorful linear draping in the hallways seemed worn for a new property.The air vents in my room were dusty and the walls were thin. It was noisy in the hallways and one night I had a loud snoring neighbor. The reception area was casual and the evening shift took it too literal. Felt like I was invading their space when I came in at night. I did not get a chance to enjoy the lounge/ bar area this trip but will visit
again when working in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
Darien
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Kudos to your hotel staff, I had a few girls stay for a birthday party for my 13 year daughter and let me tell you that your front desk clerk Joe was above and beyond helpful and accommodating to my my groups needs and let me tell you he made my stay so pleasant and worry free. You should be very proud of your employee I would stay there again. The overall stay was very enjoyable and fun for the kids. I was very impressed how well he delt with all of my kids plus as busy as he was!!! Thank you again

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Jennifer M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent girls weekend at Aloft. We are delighted to hear that the celebration was a success. We take great pride in our team and will definitely share your feedback with Joe. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon. Take care!
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it's around an hour west if Chicago. After travelling from London to O'Hare then onto St Louis with a 6 month old we wanted somewhere to rest and recuperate... The aloft didn't disappoint.

Best bits
- Efficient & friendly staff at check-in.
- Lovely large (disabled access) room which is very clean.
- Contemporary design with nice crisp white bed sheets and plenty bath towel and pillows.
- Nice toiletries free of charge.
- Impressed with the facilities including a safe, fridge, coffee maker, large TV and importantly for me, the free wifi!

We would definitely consider staying here again and recommend it! :-)

Stayed February 2014
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear MollyFog,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you enjoyed our modern accommodations, friendly service and location in between travels. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Whoever decorated the lobby is "fabulous". The staff and other guests seemed to share my lifestyle choices. I loved the rainbow colors as well as the bistro sandwiches. The bar is well stocked with spritzer and such.
-Lupo

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Luponski,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We're delighted that you enjoyed our modern design and w xyz bar. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook

Been to aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!