“Okay for one night.”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Okay for one night.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was fine for one night. There are over 100 Aloft hotels (part of the Starwood chain), but I chose it because it was at least a little different than the typical cookie cutter chain hotels.

The lobby was definitely the most interesting part. There was club music playing in the lobby when we arrived at 11pm. Gossip headlines were displayed on a board as well (cheesy but different). There is a small snack area in the lobby where you can purchase food (no free breakfast here).

The room was modern and was very different than the typical hotel room which was cool. Everything looked cheap (think Ikea furniture), but who cares since the room price was pretty low for the area (I paid $130). The things I liked the least were that the bed was very stiff, the carpet was really stained, and interestingly the only soap in the room was a dispenser of shampoo/conditioner mix. No hand, face, or body soap.

Also as others have said, the walls are paper thin. I was hoping the people who have complained about the noise in their reviews were just being picky/old, but the complaints are true. It sounded like there was a party right outside my door at 1am.

The hotel is in the middle of suburbia (down the street from IKEA), so do not expect culture here. It worked for me since I was in town for a wedding nearby. It’s in a nice area and you’ll be safe here. Price is good. Overall I would have probably been happier (and gotten more sleep) at a chain hotel, but at least I can say I tried it out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and the location is great. It is next to the mall literally just walking distance and it is very convenient. The hotel is okay. There is nothing too special that twinkles my eyes. You can kind of hear the guests in a different room and that is a minus for me. I like peace and quiet. However, the staff always say hello when you walk through the door making it very welcoming and I love the free parking and wifi!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Millington, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Navigation within the hotel can be confusing because the highest numbered rooms are by the elevator and the lowest numbers are the farthest away. I was in room 202 and had to walk forever to find it. The room was very quiet, however, even with two wedding parties going on. Also, only coffee is complimentary. I usually stay at Hilton Properties where you get something for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Simple sophisticated Hipster hotel chain with a great vibe. Fun bar area, Pet friendly, Big TV's, cables to hook up your own electronics, comfy beds and delicious coffee and breakfast bar. Extremely quiet and always in the best locations. Make it a habit in your travels and vacations you won't ever be disappointed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Claus, Indiana
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had never stayed at a aLoft before but chose to this time due to promotional offer. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and impressed with the comfortable room layout. The on duty staffer (Tony) was superb and did a fantastic job of answering our questions and included a mini-tour of the hotels amenities for my wife. The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating was the amount of hallway noise that could be heard in the room. This definitely wouldn't deter us from repeat visits.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Tim K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations with your very first Aloft visit and we will congratulate Tony on going above and beyond to introduce you to our hotel. We do apologize you were disturbed by noise in your hallway. Rest assured, we will address this with our team and will be properly handled in the future. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon. Warm regards.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just came back and there is nothing really surprise me as I have been in Aloft before. So the difference is people and hotel itself.

Every staff I met is great & friendly. I like the go green option so you can get back some points or voucher for snack/breakfast for those who stay a bit longer.

The improvement idea I have for this hotel is to add a hot tub, flip / rotate the mattress once a while because it is worn out on the same position, ie both beds i felt falling down without much support.

Nearby, I like the location so much because there is a mall where you can shop for a day, as well, there is IKEA, Costco, Target, McDonald, other fast food.

Driving to Downtown is about 30 mins without traffic.

Room Tip: be prepared to be waken up by the air condition unit as it tends to be quite loud as it starts up. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We made a decision to drive to Chicago from MN a little late and with rooms 350+/night we decided to stay out in one of the burbs. We've had the pleasure of staying at the Aloft in San Francisco and had such a great experience we decided this would be a great choice. The front desk staff are excellent. Very friendly, helpful and when coming and going always acknowledge us. I wish I could remember everyones names. It didn't seem as new as the one in San Fran. But it was clean and roomy. Very quiet and I noticed when we checked in several wedding parties were staying there. We were given the option to forgo maid service for a $5 dollar voucher to use at the get it and go station. Great "Green" choice. We were only staying for 2 nights so it was a great option for us. The hotel is located steps away from many restaurants and a huge shopping mall. Driving back and forth from Chicago... Easy going into the city, a little longer going back to the hotel due to traffic. Nice option if you don't want to pay the big bucks in the city and parking and Wifi are free.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook

Been to aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!