“Business stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Monteveglio, Italy
“Business stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've been there twice for business. It's a good hotel compared to the other hotels in the area.
The room is fine for one person, very peaceful, I slept very well.
Wifi internet is free for guests.
There's no breakfast included, but a small shop where you can get everything you need for it.

I liked the bar, which proposes dinner as well, for a moment of relax in the area just outside the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Aloft with a group of girls and we had a fantastic time! The staff was very accommodating, friendly and very professional. The rooms were very clean, spacious and very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Kristen M,
Thank you for your raving review. We are ecstatic to hear you had a wonderful time with your friends at our hotel and loved our clean guest rooms in addition to our friendly staff. Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you for another girls’ night soon. Take care
Ny
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I just returned from aloft Bolingbrook, for two nights
I was overall pleased with the experience, but I was quite disappointed when I checked in
I specifically asked when making the reservation to request a rollaway bed
The reservationist said she put a request in for one, I also called to confirm this with the hotel the day before I came, and was told yes, we have one for you. When I checked in, Tony informed me that there were no rollaway beds on site. Never were
I would have stayed somewhere else because of this. I had three children with me, so I asked for the camp aloft air mattresses which I also was told prior to check in, would be available, no problem the man said on the phone. Well when I checked in , they only had one air mattress, not three, and it lost most of its air by morning.
Other than that the stay was alright, no other problems, it was clean and quiet, but the confusion with the beds literally ruined my stay here, ya gotta sleep to be happy.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hotelyem
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Hotelyem,
We are very sorry to disappoint you during you recent stay with us. We understand how important it is to provide clear information to guests prior to their stay, and we sincerely apologize for the confusion in regard to the roll-away bed and the inconvenience it caused you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and we hope we will have an opportunity to make this up to you in the future. All the best.
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night and had no problems. The hotel was clean with plenty of parking and the wifi worked very well. The way the hotel is laid out plan on walking forever to get to certain rooms but it's not a big deal. They have the liquid soap in the shower and this I don't like. The AC works perfectly and there was 1 free bottle of water. I would return here as long as the price was reasonable.

Stayed August 2014
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear springboks1,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying at our hotel and liked our guest rooms and free amenities. We appreciate your feedback about your shower amenities and will share your comments with our team. Thanks again, and we hope to see you for your next trip to the area. Take care.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was fine for one night. There are over 100 Aloft hotels (part of the Starwood chain), but I chose it because it was at least a little different than the typical cookie cutter chain hotels.

The lobby was definitely the most interesting part. There was club music playing in the lobby when we arrived at 11pm. Gossip headlines were displayed on a board as well (cheesy but different). There is a small snack area in the lobby where you can purchase food (no free breakfast here).

The room was modern and was very different than the typical hotel room which was cool. Everything looked cheap (think Ikea furniture), but who cares since the room price was pretty low for the area (I paid $130). The things I liked the least were that the bed was very stiff, the carpet was really stained, and interestingly the only soap in the room was a dispenser of shampoo/conditioner mix. No hand, face, or body soap.

Also as others have said, the walls are paper thin. I was hoping the people who have complained about the noise in their reviews were just being picky/old, but the complaints are true. It sounded like there was a party right outside my door at 1am.

The hotel is in the middle of suburbia (down the street from IKEA), so do not expect culture here. It worked for me since I was in town for a wedding nearby. It’s in a nice area and you’ll be safe here. Price is good. Overall I would have probably been happier (and gotten more sleep) at a chain hotel, but at least I can say I tried it out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights and the location is great. It is next to the mall literally just walking distance and it is very convenient. The hotel is okay. There is nothing too special that twinkles my eyes. You can kind of hear the guests in a different room and that is a minus for me. I like peace and quiet. However, the staff always say hello when you walk through the door making it very welcoming and I love the free parking and wifi!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Millington, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Navigation within the hotel can be confusing because the highest numbered rooms are by the elevator and the lowest numbers are the farthest away. I was in room 202 and had to walk forever to find it. The room was very quiet, however, even with two wedding parties going on. Also, only coffee is complimentary. I usually stay at Hilton Properties where you get something for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Darien

Been to Aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!