“European flair”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We recently travel to Europe and stayed in similar accommodation. The room was clean and nice sized. Instead of the bed along the wall to the right or left as a typical room it faced the windows. This helped make the room feel big. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable. The shower was interesting. 1 wall of the shower backs up to one side of the bed and is frosted glass. It felt wierd to be able to see a silhouette while in the room. There was a large LCD Tv with a fancy box for any input you would want to connect to the TV. There is a shopping area near by and a grocery store. There is a common area outside the indoor pool with a grill if you want to cook out. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2010
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
As the new General Manager of the aloft Bolingbrook, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The guest rooms at aloft Bolingbrook are very unique and we are glad you and your family enjoyed them. We also are very happy to be located next to the Promenade Bolingbrook which offers our guests great shopping and dining options.

Again, thank you very much for your positive feedback. The entire staff looks forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Paul Carpenter
General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

There are newer reviews for Aloft Bolingbrook

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Clean, convenient location, good price... cool decor, room was comfortable but a bit tight for the four of us.

Nice little lobby bar. Did not try the room service or restaurant. Pool was tiny, not good for the kids.

There was a large group of twenty-somethings at aloft for a wedding; they apparently partied late into the night. I can sleep through about anything, but my wife said the noise woke her up a couple of times around 2-3am! To be fair, she didn't complain to the front desk, so they had no chance to remedy on our behalf. My opinion - the noise level should never have been allowed to get to the point where it would be an ongoing issue for other guests.

Other than that, I would stay here again, especially if traveling without the kids.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jewel942
Reviewed 10 October 2010

As others have said, this is not a 5-star, full service hotel, so don't set your expectations too high in that regard; but I found this to be a nice departure from the hamptonfairfieldcourtyarddruryholidayinn formula hotels. The rooms are cool - kind of a dorm room on steroids, but nonetheless, very clean, comfortable bed, awesome 42" TV, 4' walk-in shower. No real criticisms. My only suggestion would be for them to re-think the pay snack bar concept for breakfast - it's really not too much more than a vending machine. I'm normally not a big grazer at the 'continental breakfast' bars at other hotels, but my employer balked a bit at having to reimburse for breakfast off-site (no 'freebies' here).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was in the on business and decided on the Aloft. I like these hotels for the cool decor, easy attitude and cheap rates. This one was like all of the others. Cool staff, great rooms and just off a highway or airport. No real complaints except that it was a little tough to get to and tucker back off the road.

There's a mall across the street for dining and entertainment options. It's worth checking out just so you can get our of the hotel.

Overall good place with a nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Aloftoperations, Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Thank you for your feedback, it is the only way we know how we are doing.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

This was a nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The problem I had was trying to book the room. The number that is listed for the hotel actually routes you to a calling center to make reservations. I tried booking a room on-line and had some trouble. I was afraid I had booked two rooms so I called the hotel number listed at 11:30 pm. The gal I spoke with was helpful and guaranteed me a room and a specific rate. She told me to call back the next night to confirm and make sure my prior attempt of making a reservation over the internet had not worked. My trouble came the next night when I called back. The rep. I got was a rude and unhelpful. I even provided him with the name of the gal I had spoken with and the time I called in. He told me I couldn't have a room at the rate promised and quoted me a rate more than double. His supervisor was just as bad, if not worse. To say I was mad is an understatement. I ended up calling and choosing the option for speaking with a guest and got the actual hotel. Without explaining my problem, the hotel pulled up my reservation, saw the amount and immediately changed the rate to the weekend rate. I was told before I was speaking with a call center. Avoid them if you want to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, it is the only way we know how we are doing!

Reviewed 25 June 2010

First time at an Aloft hotel, and it was amazing. Comfy beds, nice linens, decor very cool. Bathroom had no tub, but oversized shower with shower doors. Shower and toilet behind pocket door separating both from the sink area. Only downside was no free breadkfast, but we got a promotional rate, so that was no problem. They did have snack and breakfast items you could buy, including hot freshly made breakfast sandwiches that were good. Nice outside sitting area, but the wire chairs could have been a bit more comfy. All in all it was a great place and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Staff not so freindly at this aloft and room not so clean as other alofts. Room not stock with enough towels nor was it stock with bottle water or coffee. Told front desk my room had no bath towels,water or coffee and ask if they could have it restock while I'm out to dinner.
Came back and they gave me one bath towel, one bottle of water and one single coffee packet. I guess I should of told them that there was two guest staying in the room, my bad.
In the end I did get enough towels,water and coffee for two guest but you wonder if the maid
skip or forgot these item what else didn't they do!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for the review, I will share your experience with my team to better improve our operation.