“Average hotel just off 55”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Decent hotel recently taken over and turned into a Quality Inn. Lower end mattresses (with some suspect stains) and lumpy pillows, but overall decently clean and gets the job done. Items that were a little annoying included less than friendly staff, especially in the morning as the staff member didn't even look up when we came down for breakfast and seemed completely disinterested in the fact that the ice machine near the lobby was empty and the one on the other end of the hotel was out of order completely. Almost all of the vending machines were either not working or empty, requiring a run to a nearby gas station for sodas, etc. if desired.
Overall it does the trick for a quick overnight if you're traveling, however we stayed several nights and I would probably not stay multiple nights at this location again.

Room Tip: They did accommodate our request to have a room away from other guests as we had a child with us. I...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2012

As the weather starts to get colder in Chicago, I will usually book a hotel room somewhere in the Chicago area so the kids can swim and we can just get away for a night. We have friends in Bolingbrook so we decided to check this hotel out. It just became part of the Choice Hotels and I believe it is now a Quality Inn.

The check in was quick, the room was clean and the breakfast was decent. It was an amazing deal for the price!

Pool area is really nice and so is the reception area. Very comfy and cozy.

Room Tip: For a family of four go for the King Suite for extra room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank toniac366
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Staff is very courteous, property over all is well maintained and very clean. I was pleasantly surprised by loaded nachos for for a early evening appetizer. They were very good, thank you. I have 3 complaints regarding the room. First, pillows are very very flat, second, still using bed spreads, and lastly areas where the carpet was bunched up. Carpet desperately needs to be stretched.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank DEPMEDS
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

A very nice place, nice room, great value and a terrific staff. I will be returning when I am back on business. Everything is within a 5 minute drive. Rooms are a little dated but I was told that updates are coming. Still perfect for overnight and business.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I was in Chicago for a conference but we were going to stay at the Harrah's hotel in Joliet. They were booked so we were given rooms at their sister property, Hollywood. It was, in a word, "disappointing"; $150/night for an old room in an old property. We canceled our room and took off down I-55 intending to stop at a nice hotel along the way. I spotted the AmericInn sign and pulled in. Fortunately there was an available room. And we were fortunate indeed because there was a religious convention that weekend and many attendees were staying there.
Several months ago we stayed at AmericInn in Iowa It was our pleasure with that stay that drew me to the Bolingbrook, IL hotel. It proved to be every bit as pleasurable.
Nice staff. Nice property. Nice value (and unlike the hotels in downtown Chicago one did not have to pay $55/night to park). We highly recommend this property in particular and AmericInn in general if one is available any where near your destination. They don't have a restaurant on site but anything your palate desires is within walking distance or just a SHORT drive away. Not sure if they have a fitness center but the pool is large and well kept.
We have one complaint. They didn't have a fresh popcorn machine in the lobby in the evening. But neither did any hotel we've ever stayed in. We think ALL hotels should have one. Nothing is more inviting than the smell of fresh popcorn.
Bob Smith, St. Louis, MO

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We looked at many hotels in the Chicago area.We wanted somewhere that had lots of amenities,but at a reasonable price. A great location (30 minutes from Downtown Chicago)The AmericInn, Bolingbrook had everything we wanted .It was clean, quiet, had free parking, free wi-fi, an indoor pool, and 2 queen size beds. It had a continental breakfast which was better then most. It had hot food, and plenty of other choices (cereal,yogurt,fruit,etc).The other thing we wanted, was a hotel that was easy to get to. The hotel was right next to Interstate 55, but far enough away that you didn't get road noise.The hotel felt like a mountain lodge .It had a warm lobby, and a great pool room .This hotel was a hidden gem, there are better known franchises in the area, but you get almost everything they offer for a better price.Bolingbrook has plenty of places to eat and shop as well. We will definitely stay at the AmercInn again when we come back to visit Chicago .

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped so the pool area is closest to the Interstate, you can get smoking rooms , and r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I can't say enough good things about the holtel, manager (Marcia) and her staff. In between selling my home (not by choice) and finding a new home, my month-long stay at this hotel was above and beyond, they were family. I have never felt so taken care of at a hotel. They were so thoughtful and kind both in service and communication. Even now, (six months later) they have gone out of their way to make sure my mail is forwarded to my new location, and they do it with joy and NOT as a chore.

I would gladly encourage anyone to stay there no matter how long or short.

Room Tip: My room was a king suite with a microwave, mini frig, and coffee maker.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Comfort Inn Romeoville
Comfort Inn Romeoville
#2 of 5 in Romeoville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!