Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
Priceline
US$62
US$98
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront desksecond weekhis friendshotel restaurantstayed here for one nightrooms are spacioushot tubfirst floordowntown chicagostaff was very friendlycharlesconveniencegm
Reviewed 17 August 2013

When travellnig to the Chicago area I never hesitate when I book my hotel. The Holiday Inn in Bolingbrook is the choice I make everytime. Why? Exemplary customer service, Home like comfort, ideal location just to name a few. It all starts when you walk in the front door. The front desk team really sets the mood of your stay. As soon as you walk in they cheerily greet you and welcome you to the hotel. If your a known face they always welcome you by name. The check in experience is super efficient and you are off to your room with a feeling of appreciation for the kindness, level recognition, and assurance that you will be well taken care of for the duration of your stay. Next the rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Whether you want to snuggle in and watch television on the TV, go for a swim, work out, or maybe get a night cap all is available and the service excellance continues. The lounge staff are friendly and quick and the conversation is always entertaining. If your thinking you might like to go into the city the short drive to the park and ride L station is super convient and I have never had to wait more than 10 -15 minutes for taxi service to arrive and whisk me away to a more local setting. There are numerous top notch resturaunts that are minutes away and if you don't want to drive there is no fear to order in as the food in house is also excellant. If your looking for a great hotel experience then there is no need to look further than here! I look forward to the next opportunity to visit the area and I know where I am staying and so should you!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad one!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt S
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review of our property. I have posted your review for our entire staff to see. Your review has created such a buzz around the hotel. The staff really appreciates the kind works.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I should start by saying that this particular hotel acknowledged our Platinum membership right when we first inquired about staying there. We got our room upgraded to a Suite! (See the Suite description below.) Also, there were some cold bottles of water waiting for us in the room. They were very appreciated after bringing in our luggage. We also took advantage of late checkout the next day.

We were looking for a new, unique place to host our 9 year old son's birthday party. We had done the Jumpy Bounce places, Bowling Alleys, Mini-golf, Laser Tag, and Pizza/Arcade places. We thought, why not have a pool party?

The kids had a blast. The indoor pool at this hotel was perfect for us. The deepest part is only 5 feet, so my son and his friends could use a majority of the pool without it being too deep. We brought in beach balls and noodles, and the kids had a wonderful time. Mind you, we did not have exclusive use of the pool - it remained open to all guests. But, there were some other guest's children that joined in the fun - the more the merrier.

After swimming, we went to the adjoining patio for pizza and birthday cake. It was literally right outside the pool area, and had more than enough tables and chairs for 15 kids and parental chaperones.

The second best part (after seeing the smiles on the kids’ faces) was the comments and inquiries from the parents. We got everything from "What a great idea!", "This is something different", and "Wow - I never would have thought of this" to "What did you have to do to book this?" and "How much did it cost?" When I explained to them that there was no extra charge for the party and that the use of the pool came with the room, I could see them doing the math. Any of the aforementioned party places would have been twice as expensive as the price of a standard room at this hotel, pool included. I would not be surprised if we were invited back to this hotel as guests of one of my son's friends.

The room (ahem, I mean upgraded suite for Platinum members) was great. It had a king bed in the master bedroom, a private bathroom with separate shower and Jacuzzi tub, a second full bath off the main room, fold out couch in the main room, two flat screen TVs, a large round table with six chairs, refrigerator, microwave, and sink in the kitchenette. Two windows and two separate climate controls worked well and kept everyone comfortable.

In the morning, we planned to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant; they have a $10 buffet breakfast. It had donuts, bagels, toast, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, oatmeal, orange juice, apple juice, milk, water, and coffee. Since kids eat free, breakfast would have been $20 for me, my wife, and three kids - very reasonable for the type and amount of food! However, the manager gave us vouchers for breakfast with his wishes for a "Happy Birthday" so we saved the $20 for breakfast.

Lastly, I need to give Kudos to the Front Desk staff. Kohlby picked up the phone the first time I called. She was very gracious from start to finish, and let us check out the pool to see if it would meet our needs before booking the room. She was also the one that upgraded us to the suite when we booked back in June. She even made sure we had the one on the first floor, making it very convenient to go back and forth to the pool from our room. Michael was working the front desk during our party, and was helpful in guiding guests to my wife so she could let them into the pool, and alerted us when the pizza delivery guy brought the food. Finally, Larry gave us the two vouchers for breakfast, with big Happy Birthday wishes.

For those wanting to plan a party, here are some tips. First, book early. We booked this party in June for an August party. That extra time meant that the suite was available. Next, plan for a 4-6pm party. Check-in was at 3, and that was enough time to get unpacked in the room and to get the party items to the pool. There were 2 family reunions and 3 weddings receptions at the hotel the weekend we were there. There were only 5 non-party guests in the pool from 4-6 on Saturday. The wedding parties were did not arrive until after 5pm, and they were in the ballrooms. The family reunions were busy doing activities away from the hotel, so we had no issues in the pool. It was the perfect time. Finally, be courteous and polite. We made sure to follow the hotel policy of no food in the pool area (patio only), we bagged our trash when we were done, and we allowed those in the pool to join in the fun. You'd be surprised how much better things are when you employ a simple smile, and say please and thank you.

Wow - that was a long review! Suffice it to say that our overall experience - from the initial contact, to the pool facilities, service we received, room condition and amenities, staff attitude and willingness to make the stay a memorable one - were all top notch. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and our stay. The kids are already asking if we can book it again for next year's party. We will be returning!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite had a king bed in the master bedroom, a private bathroom with separate shower and Jacuzzi tub, a second full bath off the main room, fold out couch in the main room, two flat screen TVs, a large round table with six chairs, refrigerator, microwave, and sink in the kitchenette. Two windows and two separate climate controls kept everyone comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This by far was the most flattering review I have ever received from a hotel guest. First, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites Bolingbrook. Your patronage means the world to us. We strive to create a memorable experience for each of our guests. I was was smiling form ear to ear when I read your review. I can't wait to share it with Kohlby, Mike and the rest of the staff. I am glad that you and your son had a good time in the pool and outdoor patio area.I remember reviewing your reservation prior to your arrival and seeing that you were celebrating a birthday. The first thing that came to mind was an upgrade to our largest suite! I thought the extra room, the two bathrooms, and the jacuzzi tub would come in handy. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

One of the warmest welcomes and stays that I have had. The staff list would be truly enormous if I was to name all those who made me welcome. I have to agree with previous reviewers that it wasn't only the front of house staff, it was all the staff that made this a very memorable stay.
I am destined to be back in Bolingbrook in the near future. I shall be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Harnish P,

Thank you for your kind review of the Holiday Inn and Suites Bolingbrook! Your experience is a true reflection of the hard work and dedication the entire staff puts forward. You are absolutely right when you said it's not just the front of the house that creates a memorable experience for the guest. The entire hotel staff is committed to creating a memorable experience for each and every one of our guests. It was an honor to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great place to stay with all the amenities, but mainly for the 5 star service. Everyone is amazingly concerned with your comfort and customer service. Khloye at the front desk is by far the best I have seen and I am a platnuim member that travels over 100+ nights each year. Even the maintenance guy asked me if I was comfortable or needed anything while riding in the elevator. Truly a team of professionals that care about thie guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thank you for the review. The staff here at the Holiday Inn and Suites is dedicated to providing our guests with a memorable experience. Service is the cornerstone of a memorable experience. I am glad to hear that not only the front of the house employees left an impression on you, but the back of the house employees as well. I will be sure to share your comments at the next staff meeting. Thanks again for the kind words.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great stay. Loved the pool---adequate room for swimming partial laps. Large Whirlpool. Motel very well kept. Great front desk services. Arrived around 2:00, room wasn't ready--but was able to check in and had no problem getting the keycard when we arrived later that evening.

Great location to commute to Route 66 Raceway.

Overall Rating a four due to--Disappointed with no frig or microwave. Booked with AAA discount--so did not get a voucher for the $9.99 breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Asked for room close to exit-which we received.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tamela J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience with us. Our pool is absolutely perfect for adults and kids alike. Guests really appreciate the outdoor patio area that is attached to the pool area especially during the summer months. I hope you come back and visit us soon!