“Good and reasonable”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed 6 April 2013

There on a gymnastics meet so needed a good sleep. Pool nice except for the 4 late teens who weren't staying there that were acting up. Rooms were nice with fridge and micro. Breakfast good but not quite as good as others. Liked the fact that it was quiet with nobody running the halls.

Room Tip: Not by pool. Thank goodness we were't.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We came to the area for a gymnastics meet at the nearby sportsplex. I expected the hotel to be very busy, and it was. We stayed for 2 nights. Housekeeping never came to our room. I had used our towel to clean up some spilled soda on Saturday. When we returned Saturday night towels were stl in the tub. I called the front desk and their response was the still had laundry to do!! So now I can't take a shower cause you have no towels.... I don't understand how you didn't know you would need more staff when your hotel is sold out? Breakfeast was also a fiasco. They were out of everything. There was one person trying to take care of it all. No orange juice, no waffle mix, no hot water. We just went next door to Cracker Barrel.

The room was nice for a comfort in. Nice sheets and down comforters. New carpets. The bathroom is tiny and dated. The location is convenient right off of the high way. It's in the mall park lot which is also the lot for the hidden cove sportsplex. The weather was cold when we here so we drive but if it was nicer out its just a couple minute walk to either. Lots of restaurants nearby. Red lobster lone star Fridays Olive Garden Buffalo Wild Wings. There is a super Walmart about a mile down the road

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We wavered a lot before we picked this hotel and finally went based on most recent reviews ( of which there are few) Our stay was great! Room was huge and reasonably priced ( senior discount). It had refrigerator, microwave, well-stocked coffeemaker, nice toiletries, free newspaper etc. Bed was super and everything was spotless. Internet was easy to connect to and fast. Despite being on a highway with construction going on, it was very quiet. Breakfast was awesome- juices, coffee, yogurts, two kinds of hot waffles, pastries, bagels, toast,hard-boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage links, 3 cereals, oatmeal packets, beautiful fresh fruit, etc. all kept impeccably neat and well-stocked in a spacious room. Desk service was good too. We stayed two nights and would go here again as well as recommend to anyone traveling or staying in the area.

Room Tip: Only stayed on third floor- it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fab143
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I liked the workers there, they were all very nice and got me everything I needed, the room was clean and had coffee,microwave, and refrigarator that came in good use. My kids and I got to go swimming and cost was not bad very comfortable place, and love the beds very comfortable would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Carrie S
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one business travel upon check in the place looks fairly nice and the staff was friendly, the front desk associate has only been in the states for a month so she didn't know a lot so check in was a little slow. After infer my room key I go toy room which was a queen suite and the air didn't work, the room was pretty shady looking so I attempt to call the front desk, but there's no phone. Actually there's a lot that was missing. So I walk back down to the front desk, explain this to her and she gets me another room and she explains to me that this floor was just remodeled. I go to the second room and it was no better. It had a phone that was disgusting, no hangers to hang my clothes, the furniture was galling apart and the hutch had a huge chunk out of it.

I have a feeling that in the near future this location will lose choice hotels or be downgraded from Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn or Econo Lodge

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Thats_My_Milk
Chisox1212, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

I want to introduce myself, I am the new manager of the hotel as of November 2012. The remodel is complete and we would very much love for you to return and enjoy a night on us. The stay you had was during some unforseen circumstances with the remodeling of this beautiful new hotel. I promise you a much nicer stay the second time around.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Check in was great, the woman at the front desk was nice and accommodating. Got to my room and the first thing I noticed was how the beds were made. There is a sheet, a blanket then another sheet on top...no comforter or duvet. There was a live fly in my room and I don't think the sink in the bathroom was cleaned after the last few guests...also my telephone is very dirty. I am in a remodeled room but can't give it more stars due to cleaning issues. If it was clean and had better linens on the bed, it would be a five star rating...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ssmith6s
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Pros
1 Very helpful & Friendly Staff
2 Comfortable Beds
3 Surprisingly quiet

Cons
1 Garbage All Over Parking lot Including construction Materials Everything from nails & screws to Tiles and empty paint buckets)
2 Hotel under renovation by sub-par contractor
3 Advertised WiFi Not working on 3rd floor
4 Furniture (New & Old) All over hotel
5 Many safety issues throughout hotel
6 Direct TV but only 26 channels (Basic)
7 Filthy breakfast area
8 No working Ice Machines on 2nd & 3rd floor
9 Old bedding on brand new mattresses (ourd had burns)
10 Overpriced
11 Grafitti on tarp coving commodes and refridgerators in lobby makes pretty lobby look like a crack house

Room Tip: Don't stay at either far end if yoou require WiFi. Bring Slippers (floors have not been redone i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#3 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Super 8 Bourbonnais/Kankakee Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!