“Comfort and Humility Assurance Inn”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My name is Ebony Renee Williams and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you all. The fact that the hotel suite was only $69 was awesome. I felt unsafe and had nowhere to go. A friend of mine paid for me to stay overnight. I enjoyed the fact that I had the freedom to shower or bathe or enjoy the whirlpool. I got to read, or practice my religion. There was a phonebook, nightlights, conditioner, shampoo, etc. It was essentially like a safe house for me. Cartoons were also welcomed. I had a complaint because of fear and it was handled well, by the first employee at the front desk. I forgot to ask her name. Then Jeremy and Katie were very welcoming. They offered 100% customer satisfactory service. The food was impeccable and like a home cooked meal. I was truly comforted in my time of stress.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I travel almost weekly for work and am a loyal to another chain but being part of a group that had a block I stayed here. Wish I went with gut and stayed next door. Checked in under a hurry to get back to venue and came back late at night realizing the room assigned was RIGHT next door to breakfast area.
It was so late I just wanted to sleep, and as surprisingly comfortable the bed was, the 6:30 wake up call from the noise was not welcome. After waking at 7 just to get out and realizing the dated bathroom layout we left hastily. I'd rather struggle with an early morning to get home than stick around any longer than necessary. For $100 after taxes/fees I felt taken.
With options of Hampton, Holiday Inn Express or Fairfield Inn, if for whatever reason I end up near the area I'll choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were skeptical, since our experience tells us that Comfort Inns have a tendency to be hit or miss on the quality and cleanliness. We only visited this hotel because the room we had reserved at the Hampton Inn was disgusting. We needed a room to accommodate our family of 4, which includes 2 teens, one boy, one girl. The hotel was booked up and we need 3 beds!! The desk staff went out of their way to assist us. We ended up with a very clean room which had a queen bed, pull out bed and then they brought up a roll-away for my son. It was fine for one night, but would have been too cramped for a longer stay. The breakfast was okay, although the layout of the space is weird and people end up running into each other frequently. We'll stay here again when we come to visit family.

Room Tip: Our room was at the top of the stairs and we never heard any noise, even though the place was fully...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for one evening. Everything was great. I am a preferred member and was upgraded to a whirlpool room since the public one is broken. It has been broken for months. The room was nice - the staff very polite and friendly.

As far as Breakfast: I can not count the Comfort Inns I have stayed in. Breakfast has always been about the same - Eggs, Meat, Cereal...... On the morning after we stayed, we went down to breakfast. I looked in the metal dish where the eggs and meat are normally. Eggs on both sides. I asked the attendant where the meat was. The reply 'The only meat is in the gravy'. YUK!!!

We walked around the hotel to the Cracker Barrel and had a ***** (5) star breakfast.

Will we stay again - yes - will we go to the Cracker Barrel for Breakfast Absolutely.

Room Tip: Read the review about the breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed here when the hotel was under previous ownership and it had gone downhill. Now as a Comfort Inn, it appears some money has been invested in painting and new carpeting and new granite countertops in the bathroom, night stands and kitchenette area. Our room had a small refrigerator, microwave and flat screen tv. The king size bed was comfortable and each pillow seemed to have a different firmness.
The front desk staff was always friendly and had a cheerful greeting when passing by.
We only ate at the breakfast the first morning which left us irritated with other guests. The breakfast consisted of eggs, cereal, yogurt, waffle maker, pastries and sausage gravy. They also had milk, juice, tea and coffee. The seating area for breakfast is a decent size except the hotel was completely booked our first day there. Hence, there were children moving about without any regard to anyone but themselves, which is not the hotels' fault.
This hotel has come quite a ways, I hope they continue with the upgrades and this Comfort Inn will be a Terrific place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for an overnight while diving at Haigh Quarry. It has been a while since we stayed there when the change in ownership occurred. It is very obvious that a lot of money has been spent on remodeling the rooms. New carpet, furniture, beds. Immaculately clean. Friendly hotel staff. Yes the whirlpool is broken but I would prefer a very good mattress instead of a working whirlpool. Breakfast is excellent. Like any family or business you have a wish list of things to do and new owners decided to concentrate their funds on making the rooms as good as they can be and it shows. I'll be there again when I am down the Kankakee area. Their parking lot is right next to one of the best Italian restuarants in town, Tucci's. From pizza to finer dining it is terrific. So once you park your car you can walk to dinner. Does not get any better than that. If I could suggest that management spend a few more dollars and have the weeds pulled around the bushes. It detracts from the freshly painted hotel exterior.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Original plan was to attend Monday 3:00 Chicago Bears training Camp from Chicago (1hr + drive ) . Got notification camp was moved to 11:00am at 1030 am :( due to weather . What to do with my 10 yr old who was devestated now ! Decided to try and get room for Monday night and make 9:00 am practice . Many hotels booked out but got a room at Comfort Inn . Very impressed for this level of hotel . Room very clean and pleasant . Perfect for our overnight stay .! My son enjoyed the pool and a nice fast breakfast in am gave us the chance to get to camp so he could be in the first 150 kids in to get VIP autograph signing at camp ! Next yr when we attend camp I will defiently stay at this hotel !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#3 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Super 8 Bourbonnais/Kankakee Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!