“first and last stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Jackson, Michigan
“first and last stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was willing to overlook the questionably clean room, the noisy halls, and old wooden door with an old chain latch, and a line the width of the lobby to check out. I'm not willing to overlook an additional $50 withdrawal from my account that has yet to be refunded after 6 days. I was told it was a security deposit upon checking in and then told there were no additional charges when checking out."That's just the way they do it" is what I was told when I called to inquire. Bad business when your facility leaves that much to be desired. I have a daughter in college nearby and will definitely be crossing this place off the list.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Terri C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest, I am sorry that your visit did not measure up to your expectations. The $50 incidental hold is explained upon check in and at time of reservation. Using your debit card is the your choice for form of payment. It is unfortunate that your bank is holding your funds past your check out. We are widely used by Olivet parents, families and friends and I hope in the future you can give us another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Conveniently located, close to the mall and plenty of restaurants. Warm and friendly front desk staff, check in was a breeze.

Room was clean and nicely appointed. Clean and comfy beds and plenty of pillows ranging from soft to firm to choose from!

Breakfast was good. Warm food, fruits, cereals and much more. Well stocked breakfast area and constantly monitored to replenish anything running low. Loved the availability of a 24 hours coffee station!

Did not get to use the pool or other amenities since we had a busy day ahead of us, but I assume they are great as well.

Overall very satisfied with our stay and will make this hotel our prime hotel for our yearly visits to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower level, midway on the hallway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
The team here was very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We thank you for taking the time to let TripAdvisor know. You will help a lot of other people looking for lodging in the area feel good about trying us out. We look forward to seein gyou again in the future.

Terri
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed there one night for a quick get away. Staff is very friendly and check in was quick. Rooms are clean and breakfast was included sausage, eggs and fresh fruit. They have a nice size swimming pool although it was a little chilly. They told us they are working on it. We had a Jacuzzi room (Presidential suite) which had a nice double Jacuzzi and a separate sitting room with TV. If we had known how nice the room was, we would have planned a 2 night trip. Barnes and Noble is close by and mall is walking distance although not in this weather. All in all it would have been a great stay if pool had been a little warmer.

Room Tip: Presidential suite is worth the extra.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
We are very glad you had such a nice stay. Our entire team strives to give great customer service to each and everyone. The chilly feeling you had in the pool area was the room temperature, due to the fact that the entire room is glass enclosed. This winter has really caused some unforeseen issues. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you when your travels bring you this way.
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was caught in a snowstorm near Bourbonnais, IL and like many travelers I decided to get a place to stay and wait out the storm. I could have gone to any of the hotels in the area - there was plenty availability in nearly all but I chose the Comfort Inn based on their advertisement online for a room with a king sized bed and the price. I called them and they said that the room was available and would hold it for me.

Ten minutes later we arrived there and proceeded to check in. We were then told that it would be best if we switched to a room with 2 queen sized beds because that may have double booked this room and how inconvenient it would be for me if I had to move...I thought it wasn't a big deal and opted for the other room and they discounted it's pricing slightly.

We moved into the room, went to dinner, came and unpacked and then found that the lavatory sink was clogged and would not drain. They had no maintenance person on duty so I either could move to another room - which I was unwilling to do. I hate brushing my teeth and shaving in the bathtub!

The next morning we were assured that the maintenance person would be there ASAP to fix the problem. Wrong. Saw his cart but didn't see him until after we were checking out.

In addition, the morning "free" breakfast" selections (that you make yourself) were terrible. I feel I was misled by the website and the hotel. Never again will I use a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton - it's only a couple of hundred yards away.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We honestly apologize for your issues. It is always our intention if an issue arises to see if you would like another room, especially when we do not have a repairman on duty in the evening. I can understand that you did not wan to move your room after you had unpacked. Please accept our apology and consider staying with us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Bourbonnais hotels

Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

the bedding was great, the TV was nice. Some of the furniture was there before the remodel or just badly used. My room was just above the lobby, i could here everything going on,,not pleasant. I'm sure i could have moved but i was only there one night..so ,, i guess it wasn't that bad.

Room Tip: not a bad price but get a room well off the lobby
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond on tripadvisor. I know others traveling appreciate hearing from you.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 December 2013

As a corporate 100 night a year guest and also a Platinum at Choice hotels...I found this property to be tough to put a definite number on...Check in was one of the best ever...she was very friendly and helpful I think her name was Alissa...room is modern except TV...nice comfortable queen beds, extra wide hallways and rooms are very clean...price is a little high but in line with other properties steps away...great location..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Everyone on the team here is very happy that your stay was wonderful. That is what we strive for. We look forward to you comeing back. Thank you for the TripAdvisor response as it helps other travels.
Merrill, MI
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed 8 days and 7 nights in the hotel in a queen suite. Room was quite nice, seemed to be mostly updated recently. Traveling with 2 small children, the room was nice because the bedroom had a door separate from the rest of the room, perfect for naps for the kids! Breakfast was better than average, with waffles, eggs and biscuits and gravy, plus the usual standards of cereal, fruit and yogurt. Everyone was very nice that we encountered at the hotel. My only complaint was that they didn't vacuum not one time that we were in the room and with little kids it would have been nice to have that done at least every other day. Overall we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#1 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!