“Staff booked us extra day-manager refused to correct-even hung up on me”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms for two nights. Whoever took the call added an extra day to one of the rooms. When checking out, the bills were separate. We were delayed 15 minutes to our flight because of their mistake them charged for a night we had not booked. We did not get a copy of either receipt. We saw the one receipt showed 3 days for I room. They said we did not cancel in time. We said we were not aware we were registered for a third day. We had flights out of O' Hare early. I called the manager and explained both room were booked for two nights and paid by same credit card. Meaning the staff had added a day to one of the rooms. Their mistake. She said she would not take the charge off and to call the credit card. I do not want to file a dispute with my credit card. This was clearly a mistake by the staff. The manager,Teri, hung up on my several times. I contacted someone at the corporate office who said he needed more information. Since we were not given a receipt upon leaving, I tried to call and request receipts and all information pertaining to our stay. Again I was hung up on. Very bad customer service by the top management. I do believe I should be able to receive copies of receipts. In addition to that, neither room was cleaned from the first night and no additional towels were given to us for the second night. This manager needs some customer service training skills. Better yet, she needs to be fired. As you can see from other reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim R
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Part of my duties are to uphold cancellation policies in fairness to all of our guests and the ones who were denied a room. Your group signed an agreement that they were aware of the policy. What transpired through communications between myself, you and your husband are misrepresented above.

Terri, GM

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were staying in town for a youth sports tournament and had a group rate of $95 per night. Room included a good enough hot breakfast. Staff was young, but friendly enough. Lobby area was clean and strangely decorated with an ocean theme. Room appeared to be half renovated with comfortable beds, fresh linens and pillows, and new flat screen TVs. A microwave and fridge were clean and working. The air conditioning, however, was ancient and had two temperatures: frigid and off. The bathroom was beat-up, in need of a deep clean, fresh paint, and door hardware. I wouldn't stay in this motel if given a choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are considered a 2 star hotel. The value vs price paid actually represents a 3 star hotel. We have renovated all areas except our bathroom tubs. We plan to refinish the tubs in the near future. We hope you enjoyed the clean rooms and friendly service you recieved during your stay. Terri, GM

Reviewed 20 April 2014

They told me I needed additional credit card for my check in even though I told them I will be using a Corporate Lodging Card. They then called me back and said no additional credit card will be needed and they were sorry. I was there on my second day and they locked me out my room saying once more they needed a additional credit card. They also entered my room while I had in place a do not disturb sign hanging. They said they only let a room go without entry for no more than 1 day. I was trying to save them some money on labor since I had plenty of clean towels left. I did leave out some electronics that I would have secured If I had known this. Please be advised the General Manager will NOT abide by a DO NOT DISTURB sign if you put one out. My Discussion With the General Manager Caught her off guard and she called the police to have me removed. I was leaving anyway! I went next door to Holiday Inn Express....NO ISSUES!

Room Tip: Go Next DOOR I you hang a sign saying DO NOT DISTURB they will anyway!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank corpamericatraveler
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest, It is unfortunate that I had to have you removed by the police. If anyone on the staff feels threatened we call the police for the safety and security of the other guests. Terri

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This used to be Lees Inn which was allowed to deteriorate. It's much better as a Comfort Inn. Staff is friendly & helpful and improvements have been made. The bed was comfortable, the door shut completely and easily (as referenced in an earlier review). We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for letting other future guests know how great your stay was. The entire staff strives for this hotel to be welcoming, clean and comfortable during each persons stay. We look forward to seeing you again, Terri

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel overall was very nice but there was a lot of noise, doors slamming ALL NIGHT LONG. Even screaming down the hallway at 2:23 Sunday morning. Got no sleep whatsoever and when my husband talked to Danielle downstairs all she would say was the police took care of it, no apology at all. That's good they took care of it but it didn't make our stay any better! Especially since we forked out $280.00 plus for the jacuzzi suite!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. It was a very unfortunate situation of a marital dispute. The front desk attendant acted immediately and had the guests removed. Again, I do apologize. Terri

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here before and very pleased. The hotel is beautiful when you walk in (gorgeous crystal chandelier and nice sitting area) and feels upscale without the price. The real problem was the one employee at the desk was so overwhelmed and no help was in sight. I know the hotel was nearly a sell-out yet he was the only employee anywhere. Knowing that the hotel was so booked with a state gymnastics meet in town I can't believe more help wasn't scheduled. No towels in the pool. I asked for an extra one for our room with no luck. He was able to give me some hair conditioner but I waited nearly 15 minutes for it. Some coffee pots empty and others had cold coffee in them, which leads me to believe that coffee had been there a long time Breakfast was good but ladies were having a hard time keeping up with the demand (8 sausage patties brought out 15 minutes before it was over) but they did the best they could. Desk help in the morning was multiple and they were very friendly. However, I wanted to get a copy of my bill (none under the door) and they told me I could get it when I was ready to go out the door. We are a gymnastics family and always in a hurry so that's why I expected to see the bill under the door or at least able to get it to me a half hour before we left but she wouldn't do it. Sure enough, when we were leaving and I went to retrieve my bill I had to wait for someone to check in. Just what I wanted to avoid.

Room Tip: We were just a few rooms away from the breakfast area so very convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I apologize that you were met with staff issues during your stay. I will use this feedback to address the issues and make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. I really appreciate you taking time to respond about your stay to us. Thankful, Terri

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was willing to overlook the questionably clean room, the noisy halls, and old wooden door with an old chain latch, and a line the width of the lobby to check out. I'm not willing to overlook an additional $50 withdrawal from my account that has yet to be refunded after 6 days. I was told it was a security deposit upon checking in and then told there were no additional charges when checking out."That's just the way they do it" is what I was told when I called to inquire. Bad business when your facility leaves that much to be desired. I have a daughter in college nearby and will definitely be crossing this place off the list.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Terri C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest, I am sorry that your visit did not measure up to your expectations. The $50 incidental hold is explained upon check in and at time of reservation. Using your debit card is the your choice for form of payment. It is unfortunate that your bank is holding your funds past your check out. We are widely used by Olivet parents, families and friends and I hope in the future you can give us another try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
#3 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Super 8 Bourbonnais/Kankakee Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!