“We gave this place a 2nd chance, and still crappy”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Route 50 Motel

Route 50 Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bourbonnais B&B and Inns
Lakeland, Florida
“We gave this place a 2nd chance, and still crappy”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I totally give things a second chance, but however this was a mistake on my part. This place is just as nasty as the last time I was here. The sheets look like crap, the floors look like crap, and the lock on our door is broken. In the bathroom there is even a whole in the door, as if someone punched it. I should have just slept in the car. I should not expect a whole lot from a place that will allow us to bring our big dogs, but this is just on real! Please don't stay here! I don't even think that hookers would want to stay here.

Room Tip: don't ever stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I'm a trucker and stay in a lot of economy hotels because I rarely use the room for more than ten hours (sleep, shower and leave). I pulled into this hotel because the road conditions (wintery weather) were too dangerous to continue. The front desk clerk was nice and accommodating but that's where the pleasantries ended.

It started with just trying to enter my room. The sheet metal on the outside of the door had become unattached at the bottom corner thereby causing it to hang onto the door frame. It took several pushes from my body and shoulder to dislodge the door from the door frame. I felt like I was a member of a SWAT team entering a suspect's house. Of course it would make all kind of noise whenever opening or closing it (sorry fellow travelers adjacent to me).

The room itself was typical of low rent hotels, ie. cheap, worn furniture, lumpy beds, thin pillows, nylon bed spreads, substandard air conditioning (wild temperature swings, one minute the room is hot like the surface of the sun and the next it's like the North Pole), no shampoo, rusty door frames, patched Sheetrock, a 19" tube tv (who still uses these?) etc. You get the idea.

I can deal with all of above but from now on one thing I'll check at the front desk before handing over my card is coffee...like "Do you have any?" Not only did they not have any in the rooms but they do not have it in the lobby. What no coffee? Are you kidding me? I don't no what part of India you come from but here in the good old USA we drink coffee in the morning.

That being said I recommend that you pass on this place and try the others. Hell...they really can't be any worse.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank bthor76

Travellers are raving about these Bourbonnais hotels

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The room was clean. enjoyed the stay will come back. Next to the all the restaurant. The room was price right. Denny was right next door. We use to stay here when it was motel 6, the room are much clean then before.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel, when we were in town for a dog show. Well, the room was nasty, the carpet was gross, the towels had stains and so did the sheets. When I asked for a do not disturb sign, they looked at me like I was nuts, sorry I had to dogs in the room and I don't want strangers around them. Some of the people at the show, said that the house keeping was golng threw there bags, I don't doubt that at all. Some people said they had stuff missing from there room, and I am sure it happened. But the room was so nasty, I would have rather slept in my dogs crate, because my dogs crate is cleaner than that room. What ever you do, don't stay here, drive the extra mile, and go somewhere else. I think this is the first bad review I have done, but just watch your back here. I don't even think hookers will stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I was looking for my wife and where she was hanging all the time when gone. And they were so very helpful. She was in the room with Scott and the next time I find her here it will not be as pleasant for either, I understand Mary the B is not easy to live with but leave my wife alone please. Scott and Mary need to work out their problems fast because I am growing sick of this. Go farm in your own back yard.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 629SteveS629
Bradley, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2012

my friend and i stayed 6 times,broken down rooms, maintenance walks in late at night to fix. if you give bad review they say you broke things and ban you from renting Toya the manager will not tell you why you were banned.I am innocent and will never do motel 6 again.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gale S
Milan
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Motel was clean, easy to find. Front desk was friendly and knowedgeable. Restaurants within walking distance. Exactly what was expected from a Motel 6. One of the few places left where pets can stay for free.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
#1 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno

Been to Route 50 Motel? Share your experiences!