“Great staff/clean/easily accessible”

Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great staff/clean/easily accessible”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This hotel has the best staff which enabled my time away from home to be pleasant. All of the staff members seem to enjoy their jobs and extremely friendly. The room was clean and staff was always visible to assist me with my needs whether it was housekeeping, maintenance, or somewhere to eat close by. The breakfast was typical but better than other chains-they offered pancakes, boiled eggs, meat (some mornings), cinnamon rolls, juice, and an array of breads. Fresh coffee could usually be found in the lobby. There were two computers for guest use with a printer-which was very convenient since we needed to print tickets, etc. The indoor pool appeared clean-although I never used it. The workout facility was nice with all new equipment.
The only negative was the internet access was below average at night for some reason-I had a hard time connecting and staying connected-
A few employees I would like to mention by name include: DJ, Thomas, Ed, and Lonnie-I thought they went above and beyond-They really made my stay pleasant. Thanks to all who work there..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LisaA1970
hieteresa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, 11 August 2016
Sorry Slow Response. Thanks for kind words.
Holiday Inn Express

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

The service is good, staffs are very friendly and helpful. I never had a problem to get a room or to extend my stay. Very professional and a big thanks to ED and his guys. The only negative is housekeeping. It's unbelievable how sloppy they act here. Since five years I running out of understanding how people can forget to replace toilet paper, soup, shampoo or even to clean up the whole room. It seems to be doesn't matter how much or if I leave a tip on the bed. Tonight, 5/21/13, room 335, I came back and the room wasn't even touched. Two weeks ago they changed at least the bed sheets at Sunday, but they didn't care at all about the bathroom. Sure, it is useless to mention that you should rather rent an apartment in order to avoid a dust allergy. I am wondering what people may think of, if they do not care they job as we get charged for? I would feel ashamed if I would do my job with so less self-pride. How it is possible that people forget to take care daily routine? Would it be not the same if I would work in a car factory, responsible for it to put in every car the gear box, but in some cars I simply forget about it? Well, everything has a reason. I call it simply lack of work attitude. If I would take care my job the same way as housekeeping here, my customers wouldn't need me anymore.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank andreas_schuck
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is dirty. I was very disappointed. This was my 2nd stay at a HIEx, and I had some brand expectations that were not met. The mattresses were uncomfortable, and there was no mattress pad. The room was dusty and musty. It was clear the housekeeping department is not well managed. When I checked in on Sunday evening, the elevator was in need of sweeping and mopping. It was not touched during my stay, and there was something so sticky on the floor, my shoes stuck to it. USA Today is placed outside each guest room, but the majority of guests don't pick them up. I don't understand why fewer are not purchased and just placed in the breakfast area, as the halls appear littered. Though someone goes down the halls to place all those papers, my bill was not placed under my door, and I had to check out 80's style. On the plus side, the location is convenient and the complimentary breakfast was well done. If management would pay attention to the small details of the guest experience, this review would be much better. I was traveling on business, and this was a first stay at a HIEx for my peer. This hotel hurts the brand for new comers.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CJM1987
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear CJM1987,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the hotel will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 21 March 2013

stayed here for a night in march 13. room is comfortable thou small. the breakfast was very good especially the cinnamon rolls. i have never tasted one so good. flood lights in the neighbourhood flow straight thro the windows.

Room Tip: take rooms near the lobby to avoid long walks with the luggage.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rajeshamir
Sorry slow response. I do like cinnamon roll with my coffee.
O'Fallon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've read other reviews about this hotel with a lot of negative comments but I did not experience any of that. My family and I were staying during the Thanksgiving holiday and we got good service from the front desk, a clean, warm indoor pool with towels, a decent selection of breakfast items at the continental breakfast bar, and a good room overall. We used our awards points to get the room for free but that did not change the nice service we received.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven S
Sorry slow response. Thanks for kind words.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn further down I57 but stayed at the Holiday Inn to be with my group. I have stayed at this location before but not for a while. The room was clean but other than the flat screen TV, it seemed old and dated. There was a musty, almost smoky smell (non-smoking room) when I checked in but it wasn't too strong and I got used to it. I'll be back at the HGI the next time but the Holiday Inn is probably the 2nd best hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 2BEis2SKI
Sorry slow response.
Upstate NY
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Had the pleasure of spending the night at the above property. In the past couple of years we have found Holiday Inn Express to be on our "Favs" list. This one in ILL has to be one of the best.
In chatting with the manager (Edward Walz) in the morning we were impressed with how proficiently he handled a number of our questions about the area. The breakfast was great and the lady, sorry we don't have her name, would brighten anyone's day, she was great, we even convinced her to take a trip to Branson.

Room Tip: Great staff, quiet and comfy bed. Would go out of my way to stay there again.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Roscoetex
KAKBD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Your kind words are greatly appreciated, we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Edward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
#4 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)? Share your experiences!