“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Virginia
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one evening. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.The hotel has the"basics." It is conveniently located. There is no restaurant, so we went across the street where there is a Target and some restaurants. Good for a short stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was the first time staying in a Fairfield Inn. This one was not what I expected for the price. It is a little pricey, but we arrived on 1 day's notice and everything else in the area was booked up. The bed was really comfortable. There was not a fridge or microwave in our room. The breakfast was just ok, nothing to talk about. The location is perfect, right off the interstate. The indoor pool was nice and warm, clean and well kept. For the money, I would choose another hotel next time, but as a last resort, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Lovetravel2,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our location and indoor pool. I'm sorry that the rest of our hotel did not meet your expectations. It is always our goal to impress our guests, and I'm sorry that we came up short while you were with us. I hope that you will give the Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Sarah S.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Fairfield Inn by Marriott Kankakee Bourbonnais was average, clean, good for a short stay. They do not have a fitness room, no restaurant, and no guest laundry. They do have a free breakfast which is average, and they do have an indoor pool which the kids loved. I was happy to get a mini frig & microwave in my room, but my other friends staying in a different room did not have the frig or microwave and were told they did not have enough for all rooms. The location of the hotel is excellent. Located right off the interstate, and there are lots of shopping and restaurants close to the hotel. Free Wi-fi was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Elizabeth G,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and free Wi-Fi. I apologize that the rest of your stay was less than exceptional. We strive to impress our guests and it sounds like we came up short. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Sarah S.
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Because I stayed at another Fairfield inn in Bloomington, Indiana and can compare the two hotels. This one is the rock star, the other one is the road crew. The staffs at both hotels were great, but this hotel was cleaner, less congested and no strange smells or sounds. I was completely comfortable here. I didn't have to tell them I was a silver elite, the handed me a note and a bottle of water and trail mix. Perfect for a road weary traveler. The one complaint about both properties : why do your main doors not open automatically??? It is a pain in the #*# when you are lugging in bags to have to open two doors by hand to get in your hotels. I hate that! Other than that, you all rocked.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent the night at this hotel on our way to Chicago. It was exactly what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. It was clean, the staff was friendly and welcoming. The only thing that I could see that would be better is that the breakfast area and selection was a little small. Other than that, I would recommend this location.

Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Fairfield Inn in Bourbonnais when there for some family needs. Extremely pleasant desk staff. Plain but clean and pleasant décor throughout. Room was spotless and bed was comfortable. Only complaint we had was inconveniently located electrical outlets. No outlet near only mirror outside the bathroom. No outlet near coffee maker in bathroom, so to use it had to stretch cord across the sink. Breakfast was standard but good quality. Scrambled eggs were unusually good for a buffet set-up. Turkey sausage was quite good. Coffee was not so great. I would definitely stay here if I were to find myself in the area again.

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I book all of the hotels for a youth travel baseball team. We stayed at this hotel last year during a Memorial Day tourney in Bourbonnais. The rooms are clean and updated. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in early which was a plus! The front desk staff went out of their way to get rooms ready for our group. Their breakfast is just average, it could use some improvement. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel though. Tucci's across the parking lot has really good pizza! The price of this hotel is much lower than the ones around it. We have already booked our rooms for another tournament this year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee
Americas Best Value Inn Monee/Chicago Area

Been to Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais? Share your experiences!