“Yuck”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bradley
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States
“Yuck”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed here for a Scuba diving weekend at Haigh Quarry and I chose this place because of the proximity. I should have drove the extra half mile, to stay at a hotel that didn't smell like urine, have stained walls, and elevators that didn't work. The only good thing was Oliver's Sports bar. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was central location for a family get together. Room 503 cielings/walls are so stained & gross to look at. The only good thing for a change is the sheets and the tub was very clean. Other than that the rooms need major updating and the smell makes your stomach upset because it is all thru the whole hotel. We would have left to find another but we were in town for a party and by then it was too late anyway. The carpets and furniture in the need major cleaning or better yet replaced! And updating. It did not matter what door you came in it still smelled and entry ways are not pleasing to the eye. That was very disappointing!
I really do not know how the employees can stand it. I know I could not work there for this reason.

On the other hand, Oliver's Restnt., food was very tasty but again the carpet is gross & needs to replaced.

Room Tip: Read this review before you go. I sure hope the Quality Inn's do a major upgrade soon!! This h...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank P R

Travellers are raving about these Bradley hotels

Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I made reservations at this hotel for a week, only to check out after the first night. The hotel is old and in need of may repairs. The lobby was fairly clean, however the sofas in the lobby have furniture covers on them. After looking at the hallways and the room I had, I kinda wonder what they were covering up with the furniture covers on the sofas in the lobby. My room had a clean appearance but a very damp smell in it. When I walked down the hallway the dampness in the air takes your breath away as I ended up coughing and hacking by the time I got to my room. The carpet was old but looked like it was cleaned. The hallway carpeting is old and stained bad, The shower head was quite encrusted in limescale build up. I would not recommend this hotel as there are much nicer places down the street for the same price.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank M M
Champaign,Il
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had a feeling about this place before we even checked in, and I was right on the money! Don't waste your time...book someplace else. Even though it was the only room in town we checked in and right back out and drove 90 miles home. First the room was down a "long" dirty and dark hallway, up around some corners, which had you feeling you were gonna be mugged at anytime!
The whole time we were walking down the hall to the room, we encountered buckets catching water from the leaking ceiling.The room was old & smelly, the carpet & furniture was dirty, it was just a gross dirty hotel! The TV remote did not work as well as the a/c. The people in the room next to us were going in, just as we were going out & they were just a disappointed as us in the room. They however were going to stay "one night" b/c it was already paid for by a family member, as a gift. Yes, the young man who checked us in was very nice, but I would also like a clean fresh relaxing hotel to go along with that. It was one of those places where you wouldn't dare take your shoes off. If the suites are this way, I can only think what the regualr rooms are like. Just pick another place and save yourself a headache.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dajohn
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had to say something because of some of the reviews I've seen. We came in to town for funeral for my mother. We stayed for 6 days and was always greeted with a smile every morning at the front desk and the staff made my whole family feel like we were their family. Outside updated was needed. Rooms are a little dated but were very clean and the beds were nice. Food in restaurant was always good, again the staff was great. At check out the luggaage carts were being used and a sales manager dressed in her suit and high heels, helped us gather all our bags and take them to our van and graciously refused our tip. I can't imagine a more wonderful group of people.

Room Tip: Weekends are busy in the conference center so the restaurant is packed and there is a wait.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carly M
Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The staff was was very accomodating to me and my family!!!! The rooms were very clean!!! The breakfast was very nice. The hotel itself was in disrepair needs some work done on the outside of building and had a bad smell near the elevator. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KariGardner
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I have always had dinner at the restaurant inside this hotel and found it very classy and was often pleased.  Staying at this hotel is another story.  I was very surprised to find how very Motel 6 the rooms actually look.  The paint was completely chipped off all the window sills in the room and there was no ac in any of the hallways or elevators.  The pool room had a beautiful pool that looked like it hadn't been cleaned, shocked, or vacuumed in a week!  There were band-aids floating in the water and band-aids on the deck amongst other brown things floating at the bottom of the pool.  I thought okay maybe they haven't cleaned today...but they remained there for the remainder of my stay.  There were also several plants in the pool room that were brown and dying like the staff never goes in there.  It made the appearance of the hotel quite pathetic.  I truly thought this hotel would be classy because I know many people have their weddings there and many people stay during Bears Camp.  I was sincerely disappointed in the overall appearance and cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Knsnapp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradley
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Red Roof Inn Monee
Red Roof Inn Monee
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!