“Stuck in the 60's”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bradley
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Definately needs a major facelift and rennovation. The carpeting is disgusting, the hallways are filthy and dark. This one also needs some attention at the front desk - the clerks are nice enough, but can't handle more then one person and when the person in front of the line had credit card issues it was a major traffic jam in the lobby and I thought I was going to have to go somewhere else just to get a room (I had reserved a room 3 months ago and they had my credit card on file). They had problems figuring out which rooms were ready and which hadn't been cleaned.......I think at 6 PM they should ALL be cleaned for the day......... The room was OK (when I finally got there) a little dated and the windows were pretty gross. The best thing I can say about this one is that the breakfast is great with cooked to order eggs and waffles and the food selection was good and the space adequate (but a little dark). I remember this Hotel as being a Holiday Inn years ago and it was a pretty nice place back in the 70's........but time has not been kind to this one and with the way it is layed out with the indoor pool tacked on....I think a wrecking ball and new start would be the best solution. This is definately not a keeper and I would not go there again........

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dasco474

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We booked our reservation 2 months ago, at which time we were told the hotel had both a swimming pool and a whirlpool spa (both very important to us!). Upon check in today in the dirty lobby, we discovered that the whirlpool spa is not in operation. When we inquired about this at the desk, we were told that they are "in the process of removing the spa". Then, to add insult to injury, when we asked why we weren't notified by the hotel that the spa wasn't operational, we were told "well, it's really not included in the price of the room....it's more like, an amenity....not something you're really paying for."

Bottom line: if you're looking for quality, cleanliness and good honest customer service, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Save yourself the headache and book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank c c
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed in a double bed room this last weekend. The room was okay. It seemed clean enough. A little outdated but okay enough. We stayed because we had seen that they had a "heated" pool. Well the hallway towards the pool was disgusting. The carpet was full of stains and just looked nasty. Once inside the pool area it was leaking all over the place due to the rain outside, the area did not look clean at all, it was freezing in the area, and the water was cold. The kids played for a few minutes and were so cold we had to go back to our room. Then at 6:00am our sink in the room started gurgling so loud it startled and woke the three kids. It was actually one of the most disgusting hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank briattany
Reviewed 14 December 2012

If you depend on the internet then you better bring your own connection because theirs only works part time. If you want a hot shower you have to start the shower about 30 minutes before you actually want to take your shower, otherwise you will get a cold shower. It is an older hotel but they are doing fair with upkeeping it. They have a good breakfast with a cook that fry's your eggs. It does have a sports bar that serves food as well. There are 5 slot machines in the bar also. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, I recommend stopping at the royal buffett if you stay here. Has an indoor pool and spa and a small fitness thing if you do that, lol. I would probably choose to stay here next time Im in bradley or kankakee.

Room Tip: Check olivers bar web site as sometimes they have promotions or parties going on.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is an older, conference-style motel which has been maintained well and affords many very nice amenities. It is located in an area with name-brand restaurants and businesses and is easily accessible. The rooms are comfortable and clean, with average-comfort beds. We stayed in a suite and it was very large, roomy and complete with two tvs, microwave and refrigerator. The only item in the room needing attention was the sink faucet, which leaked and was extremely difficult to operate. The desk clerk was informed and expressed appreciation for bringing it to their attention. The staff was also friendly and helpful. They get high marks for the fitness center, which has excellent equipment of all varieties, as well as a large pool area. Towels need to be checked out at the front desk and might be more convenient in the exercise room. The other high mark is for their made-to-order breakfasts. Having a restaurant attached to the motel, they provide a meal ticket to allow you to order omelets and waffles, as well as having a hot buffet, juice, coffee, etc. Very good and a nice change of pace to the busy, "elbowing-in" breakfast areas normally found in the motel. I give them an A grade for the overall stay.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient for pool, fitness center, restaurant, etc.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed here for a Scuba diving weekend at Haigh Quarry and I chose this place because of the proximity. I should have drove the extra half mile, to stay at a hotel that didn't smell like urine, have stained walls, and elevators that didn't work. The only good thing was Oliver's Sports bar. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was central location for a family get together. Room 503 cielings/walls are so stained & gross to look at. The only good thing for a change is the sheets and the tub was very clean. Other than that the rooms need major updating and the smell makes your stomach upset because it is all thru the whole hotel. We would have left to find another but we were in town for a party and by then it was too late anyway. The carpets and furniture in the need major cleaning or better yet replaced! And updating. It did not matter what door you came in it still smelled and entry ways are not pleasing to the eye. That was very disappointing!
I really do not know how the employees can stand it. I know I could not work there for this reason.

On the other hand, Oliver's Restnt., food was very tasty but again the carpet is gross & needs to replaced.

Room Tip: Read this review before you go. I sure hope the Quality Inn's do a major upgrade soon!! This h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank P R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradley
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!