“Decent food, great service!”

Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 79th and Natchez
Transit: Pace bus stops in right in front of restaurant.
Description: Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is a family owned and operated business for almost 20 years. With 2 locations- Burbank and Darien...We specialize in slow smoked BBQ, Cajun/Creole and Mexican Specialty Dishes. In addition, we are open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We do carry out, delivery, caterings, banquets, private parties, on-site cookouts and so much more!
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food, great service!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe was a welcome surprise to the usual drab fare on the Southwest side of the city--decent food (won't call it the best bbq i've ever had, but it wasn't the worst either), clean establishment, and super friendly staff. Definitely worth a trip if you're hungry and around Midway airport.

• Visited July 2014

Oak Lawn, Illinois
“TexMexCajunBBQ...Delicious!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you are flying Midway and looking for a local restaurant, you must go to Chuck's! It's about 20 minutes away, nothing fancy, very casual dining...the perfect place for a weary traveler. Sit in the restaurant OR the Voodoo Lounge. Get a Hurricane and a big plate of chicken&pork bbq nachos. Their chicken fried chicken with spicey green beans and garlic mash is to die for. The gumbo is savory. Mac & cheese that is thick and gooey. Everything is family friendly and delicious. Definitely come with a big appetite. You will not be disappointed! WAIT! They also have Breakfast with everything from blueberry waffles to loaded skillets. GO!

• Visited June 2014
EM, Illinois
“Stop here if you are flying out of Midway”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I were flying out of Midway Monday morning so we decided to stop at Chucks for dinner Sunday night. It is only about 10 minutes from the Midway hotels. We were told it would be about 25 minutes before we would be seated so we decided to walk around a bit. There was music playing in the VooDoo Bar that is connected. It did not take 25 minutes for us to be seated. The service was great and the food was amazing. We ordered the monthly special for an appetizer. It was the Chile En Nogada. It wa a roasted poblano chiles stuffed with Piccadilly and some type of meat and fruit with a walnut sauce and grapes on top, served with tortillas. It sounded different, so we tried it. It was so good. My husband and I decided to split the Super Sampler. We could choose three different meats. We chose the brisket, rib tips, and pulled pork. They were out of rib tips and ribs so we had double brisket. I ordered two extra sides to go with it but there wasn't a need for it. We couldn't finish the sides since the meat and sides portions that came with the sampler were so large. I cannot remember the sides my husband ordered but I had the Mac and cheese and green beans and they were both terrific. It was feel good food and down home service

If you have a layover at Midway or you are doing the park and fly from Midway, go to Chucks. You will not regret it. I would love to try their breakfast.

Visited June 2014
Burbank, Illinois
“Porky”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I was never fond of pork til I tried chucks pulled pork sandwich. Got my grandma hooked too. Absolutely amazing!

LaSalle, Illinois
“Try the Breakfast!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A family member suggested we try Chuck's for breakfast. What a wonderful surprise!! I had the Mexican omelet and the Café de Olla. OMG!! The omelet was fantastic but the coffee was great too! The coffee I had has a cinnamon/orange taste and they serve it in its own little pot. It's a specialty one so it's more expensive than regular but you get at least 3 cups out of the pot. I definitely recommend trying it if you're looking for something different. The omelet came with rice and beans and warm tortillas, they use fresh jalapeno's not canned! Very flavorful and filling. I have also eaten dinner here, the pulled pork was great as well as the bbq ribs and chicken. F.Y.I.----they have been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives too! Keep in mind, this is a VERY busy restaurant so the service on holiday's is not always the greatest. It's definitely worth a visit though, just be patient if you go when they are busy. The food will make up for the wait!

• Visited January 2014