All reviewsquiet locationshort drivefree breakfastsitting arearoom was clean and comfortablestaying at this hotelrooms are largeexercise roomeasy accessbusiness triphousekeeping staffweddingchicagointerstateelevatormicrowavehallway
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed on this hotel for the weekend because we needed a place near to the airport so we decided to booked on this hotel and use my Marriot points. The room was clean and the breakfast was ok. The staff was very friendly. Definitely we will stay again on this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear Fay_Stunde,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us on trip advisor. We love to hear from our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and until we see you again, safe travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms were spacious and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to others in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Dear hotelier321,

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Recently stayed for three nights and found the staff to be extremely helpful, friendly and accomodating. The rooms and grounds were clean. It was obvious there have been AC problems but none on our 6th floor room. The only complaint regarding that is that the AC made a noise like a plane taking off when it ran.
The breakfast was terrific and offered multiple choices for both children and adults. Other Marriott facilities offer it until 9:30am however and this extended 1/2 hour is better for traveling youngsters and family.
I would definately choose this Marriott property again. It was an upscale Spring Hill Suites and I have stayed in many. Kudos to you all!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear SOKO31,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us on trip advisor. We love to hear from our guests and appreciate the suggestions you made in regards to our breakfast hours. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and until we see you again, safe travels.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I can not begin to describe what a nightmare it was to work with this Hotel. I used them for my wedding and had more problems with them than with anything else in my wedding. They were very disorganized, rude and spiteful. The turn over rate was unbelievable....due to the Economy its shocking. I had more excuses from Sales and Manager instead of trying to fix the issues, blame, blame blame. They messed up a bunch of reservations and "expected" me to call my wedding guests to have them cancel and rebook with them. After the problem was found and i was promised on numerous occassions that they would "fix it", the nightmare continued. If i could of changed hotels i would have but the problems and their lack of professionalism started a mere two weeks BEFORE my wedding. I can't beigin to describe their lack of understanding the "Hospitality" Industry and what it means to be Hospitable. I would rather stay in a hourly motel than stay here in the future. At least i'll know exactly what I am paying for and getting. BRIDES BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Cece30,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am really sorry to hear that the hotel was unable to meet your expectations for your wedding group. We try to make sure all of our guests have a great experience. Again, thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor as we feel all feedback from our guests, positive or negative play a vital role in our continued effort to exceed our guests expectations.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

This long weekend (July 29-Aug 2, 2011), my wife and I decided to visit Chicago, and I booked the Spring Hill Suites. The hotel is nice, it is clean, staff is polite, and amenities are good. No luxury, but exactly what you would expect of the hotel of that class, and the Marriot chain quality.

The reason for "but" in the title is that we counted on public transport and hotel's adverrtised shuttle service to get us to Chicago, and more importantly, out of it. Unfortunately, the shuttle operates only until 11PM, while one of the last trains from Chicago arives to the station at 11:20PM (there is a later one too, but who wants to rely on the last train ;) ). So, our first night out, we ended up on a train station with no taxis around, adn hotel staff told us that the shuttle is busy driving some wedding party around, and that they do ot operate shuttle service after 11PM. In the end, we got the taxi number from the hotel staff, called the taxi and got back to our room. Not a big deal, but the event put a dent on an overall good impressions. Next night we took our car to teh Chicago, and had to spend time and money on finding appropriate parking.

Had the hotel synchronized its shuttle service with the trains (there are only 3 running at night time over weekend), and allowed for extra 30 min of operation, the hotel would be my probable choice for the next time (yes, we plan to come back with kids) . This way, unfortunately, I will have to make different choice. If you plan to use hotel for your wedding, some other function, or are OK with driving to the city, then Spring Hills is a decent choice. But if you plan to use public transport, keep some money for the cab, or forget about that night in the jazz club.

Room Tip: We've had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the parking. It was very nice and I don't remember any disturbance or noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Dear MS_011,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. At the SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge we offer a complimentary shuttle with advanced notice. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it to get to the train station in Hinsdale, but disappointed to hear that the staff did not inform you of how our shuttle works. Our shuttle is by request only, and is available on a first request basis. We do ask all of our guests to set up advanced pick up /drop off times for the shuttle. We try to meet all of our guest’s requests; unfortunately on the night of your stay we had a wedding in the hotel that had previously reserved the shuttle. Thank you again for sharing your experience.