“Acceptable, but room air is stuffy”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The windows in this hotel do not open at all, and the A/C unit does not seem to pull enough if any air from outside, making the air in the room very stuffy. The hall way air is even worse. Other than that, everything was fine. Mattress was fine. Staff was nice. Breakfast was, well mid range hotel breakfast. You don't leave hungry, but you also don't leave looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast either. The air in the room kept both me and my wife up one night. We cranked the A/C (in Nov) and it was better the next night, but still not great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt T
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hi Matt T.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! It is our goal to "WOW" every guest that walks in our doors so it is very sad to hear that we have not done so in your case. I have brought your observation, the stuffiness of the air, to our Maintenance team to see if they can do anything in regards to this. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for just one night prior to leaving out of Midway Airport. This hotel was 1/2 the price of other Marriott properties labeled "airport", and was about 8 miles away. Granted, it took us approximately 40 minutes to go those 8 miles, but we knew that ahead of time and planned accordingly.

The bed was one of the most comfortable and plush hotel beds I have ever stayed in. It was like laying on a cloud.

The quality and quantity of the comp breakfast in the morning was an excellent surprise; eggs, sausage, variety of fruits, hard boiled eggs, bagels, sweetbreads, toast, wide variety of cold cereals, yogurts, juices, coffee.

Finally, all employees were competent and pleasant. Will definitely consider this hotel on future trips out of Midway airport.

Room Tip: It's in a quiet business park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank summe009
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hi Summe009.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! Our location to Midway is not too bad and we don't have the same high prices found at other airport hotels. Our beds are comfortable- I agree! So I'm glad you found the most important part of your stay to be the best! We have recently completed our revamped breakfast to include a number of upgraded items and a greater variety so that is wonderful that you found it to be an excellent surprise! Lastly, it is terrific to hear that our employees left you with such a positive impression that they were both informed and curteous. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was very nice and comfortable to stay at. The rooms were very clean with beds extremely comfortable and studio/apartment type of feel. The hotel is in a very safe and secure area with quiet surrounding with plenty of parking space. Breakfast offers a nice variety of food choices. You will also find a very friendly professional staff. This hotel is an excellent choice. I stayed there for most of the summer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ANelson7530, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi Lino D.

Thank you for being one of our frequent and favorite guests and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We enjoyed you spending your summer here and are glad you enjoyed your time with us as well! All of our suites are studio suites complete with a fridge, microwave, iHome and flat screen so I'm glad you found it homey and spacious. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend. The hotel was clean and attractive. The staff, front desk and housekeeping, was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice, as always. My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Mz_Marie.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We are glad to hear you and your husband both enjoyed your weekend here! We have some of the hardest working but nicest housekeepers and Front Desk Agents in the area so I'm glad that you were able to witness that and interact with them! Our revamped breakfast is also top notch with more choices and a revolving menu! Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel was very nice to stay at. Rooms are clean, staff was very helpful and courteous. However, my daughter blocked rooms here for her wedding and it was a mess from the beginning. The block was set up a year in advance. We knew the amount of rooms we would need and was told there was NO WAY we could have that many rooms (50). We could only "start" with 15 and when those were full, they would add more as need...and "all of our guests would be accomodated". I stated that 15 rooms would only cover the bridal party and we would need 50 rooms, as everyone on the brides's side lived out of state. Again, we were told we could only start with 15 rooms. Six months out I tried to make my reservations, only to be told "our wedding names weren't in the system yet". I tried THREE times in a three week period, only to be told the same thing. FINALLY, it was put in. Five months out a friend called and was told there was only one room left on our block---and the invitations hadn't even gone out yet. When we called and asked about that, we were again assured "all our guests would be accommodated". Our block expired a month before the wedding and three weeks before THAT a friend called me to say they couldn't get a room, that our block was full and the whole hotel was full. At that time we had 23 rooms reserved, and none of those were bridal party. This situation was the MOST STRESSFUL of the whole wedding!! Less than half of our guests had rooms, something I tried to explain in the beginning about needing 50 rooms. When I called and asked about how to get more rooms, I was told, sorry, we are 100% full. Two weeks later, due to the misfortune of another wedding being cancelled, we were given more rooms--5 one day, 8 a week later, 3 a few days later. We ended up with 43 rooms and only two of those were from the groom's side. They all opted to take cabs home, so our side could have the rooms. We could of easily filled 10 more rooms. Besides all this mess, we also had guests be told no more rooms were available "on our block" on Friday night. They could book a room, but be charged the full price, not the block price. One guest was told they could get a room on Friday night at full price and would have to CHANGE ROOMS on Saturday to get the block price for that night. REALLY?? Like I stated before, this was the biggest mess of the whole wedding. When I called the hotel manager, Vicki, to discuss all of this, I was told since I wasn't the one who signed the contract, she couldn't talk to me about it. In my opinion, as her being the manager, she should of tried to fix things, but I was told three times she couldn't talk to me about it. I would NEVER recommend this hotel for a wedding block, and neither will any of our 200 guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barb O
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here two nights as part of a bridal party. I have only nice things to say about this hotel. The beds/rooms were extremely comfortable. It was nice to have a mini fridge in the rooms for the champagne in the morning! The hotel let us check in to our other rooms (us girls spent the night with the bride) early in order to move all of our stuff. The breakfast's were great and had a wide assortment of things to eat. Overall I would gladly stay here again and recommend it highly for any wedding party.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Phoebe1419.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! Congrats to your friends and I hope the ceremony and wedding were wonderful! We know how hectic the wedding day is so we do try our best to accommodate early check ins for those in the party and the attendees so that it's one less thing to have to arrange! Thank you again and many more happy celebrations!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were extremely happy with our stay here. The hotel is in an beautiful neighborhood. We were central to the Midway Airport and able to take the train into the City to see attractions. Excellent breakfast and the service was wonderful.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Terri D.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are wonderfully located close enough to Midway and downtown but far enough that you don't have to deal with the high prices and crazy traffic! I am glad to hear we made a lasting impression on you with both our service but our breakfast as well! Thank you again and safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale? Share your experiences!