“Just check your room before you settle in...”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is one of those ESA's that have been renovated so the floors, kitchenettes, beds, TVs, etc are all really nice. If you have a car and are flying through Midway, it's an especially great choice because the location is quiet and safe yet only about 15 minutes from the airport. The check-in staff was efficient and friendly. Unfortunately, it turned out that the toilet in my room would not flush. I didn't discover this till I had already unpacked everything, and it was a huge pain since I was checking in late at night and leaving at 4 am for a flight. The last thing I needed was to waste time requesting another room and hauling all my stuff back and forth!! The second room they put me in had a broken phone--message light flashed all night and I could not make or receive calls to the front desk, so no wake-up call of course. I can only hope that this was an anomaly, and I may give this motel another chance...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank flyermontana
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My room was very clean with all the comforts of home, having a kitchen was great not spending money on eating out. The bed was clean and comfortable. The room was very quiet, did'nt here the people next to me or hear the doors slaming. I will tell my friends and others about this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: I like nonsmoking myself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We only spent one night here, which probably isn't the norm for an extended stay hotel. The checkin was fast and professional. Location was great for what we needed. The room was clean and relatively modern. We didn't use the included kitchen facilities due to it only being an overnight stay. Bed was comfortable. The included breakfast was minimal, but that probably makes sense since it's an extended stay hotel -- folks would have their breakfast in their rooms. For what we needed, the hotel was great. The only negative was a toilet flapper that didn't seal well, causing a continual drip/water noise. Closed the bathroom door and didn't notice it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter826
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had a nice stay. Make no mistake about it though, this is a no-frills hotel. But it does save you money, especially in Chicago. The room was clean and I was satisfied with it. The bed and sheets were clean, but if you want new sheets within a week, you'll need to ask for them. The kitchen was fine and they even had some pots and pans to use. I was quite happy with the room. It seems like they renovated the place recently and it definitely helps! I found this place ideal because I spent most of my time visiting family and friends. I just relaxed here in the evenings, so I didn't care about luxury services. I had a nice stay and I recommend it to anyone who needs to stay in Chicago a week or more visiting family or a business convention. It's close to the freeway but is secluded enough to be quiet. Located in a semi-rural setting and close to a mall. It's a nice basic place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank moonbirdy
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I don't know if I've been assigned to a smoker room or if all of those are like this but the smell was really unpleasant. The smoke detector was continuosly beeping and I asked for have them replaced and I've been told to bring the whole detector at the front desk by myself in order to replace them!!! I could hear everything from the rooms next to me, so cross your fingers for empty rooms or calm neighbours. Windows were broken too and could not be opened.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The conditions you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will be checking every room prior to the guests arrival to ensure that these issues are not repeated.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I hope that you will contact me directly, at brr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Our stay was for 3weeks!!! At the beginning we had to clean the room because it was not as clean as we wanted to be!!! But after that we felt comfortable to live...the area is safe , all the staff were warm very nice...the price was very convenient...overall it was really a nice stay! We recommend this hotel for a stay of 2 or more weeks where they need to cook, to have refrigerator, microwave... We would like to thank all the team in the extended stay burr ridge, chicago!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had posted this before, it had been there for quite some time, and now it's oddly missing. I hope Tripadvisor isn't now getting paid or threatened to remove unfavorable ratings. We had trouble finding the hotel (not the hotel's problem), so we happened across a friendly police officer that gave us directions and warned us to not leave anything in our car. Got there, checked in, and everything was just fine until bedtime, when we folded back the covers and discovered there was no bottom sheet on the bed. I called the desk and was offered another room. Since we had emptied the car, I just asked for a sheet and we made our own bed. Part 2 of this...got contacted by the hotel chain to contact them so they could "make this right". We contacted the number they gave me, left a message, and never heard back from them. Pretty disappointing. Nice rooms, nice rate, but they seem to be saving money with staffing.

Room Tip: Check to see if it has sheets before you are getting ready to go to bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you had an issue with your room. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at brr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burr Ridge
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Crowne Plaza Chicago SW - Burr Ridge
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge? Share your experiences!