See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2012

SInce, I've been here for the last 3 weeks, she's been so nice to help me out with me and my 3 kids here at the Baymont. I truly thank you for the nice people specially Divina at the Baymont Inn & Suites.

Divina is very nice and sweet, she's very helpful

Room Tip: * " Corner suites are longer and sunny"
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
BaymontCalumetCity, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. We truly appreciate the kind words and I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Please visit us again soon when traveling to Chicago.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place is awful. I am sure there are worse motels in existence as I did not see any roaches, but that was about it. We went in to the VERY TINY pool (it is maybe 20 feet long by 10 feet wide in a crowded, run down, chipped-paint humid room) and regretted it almost instantly. There was a skim across the top of the water and my 10 year old son exclaimed, "IT SMELLS LIKE BROCCOLI!!". We tried the hot tub (can sit around 6 people), and it was better, but it was the kind of place you tell your children to make sure they don't duck their heads under the water and we showered immediately upon return to the room. Also, pool hours are only from noon to 9pm, which is horribly inconvenient. Fitness room has worn out equipment. There was an elliptical that looks like it probably cost around $200, a flimsy step glider machine and an outdated stationery bike. The room was extremely small.

Also, this is a HORRIBLE LOCATION. It is smack dab in the middle of extreme poverty. The projects are directly across the street. It is conveniently located right off the highway and is a breeze getting in/out of the city, but that is all that is positive about the location. We dreaded coming "home" each night. I would have rather slept in my car, and I would have if I didn't have kids that needed to stretch out.

Walking around in our room was nasty. The bottoms of our feet were black within minutes, so we washed our feet and put socks on, and those were black too within minutes. The whole room was "sticky". Beds are not balanced and "tip" back towards the head board easily. There were only around 20 channels on the TV, which is an outdated box TV. There was a nice refrigerator and microwave in there. There was too much furniture for the space, so we kept having to rotate chairs around to make room for everyone getting ready in the morning.

The continental breakfast consisted of stale pastries, stale room temperature "cinnamon rolls", oatmeal, bagels, toast, four different kinds of cereal, coffee, apple/orange/cranberry juice, hot tea, hard boiled eggs, dried out biscuits and gravy, and waffles that you can make yourself. There was only one waffle iron, so both days we were there, there was an extremely long run. The food area was around 10ft by 5 ft and was like a little galley- extremely claustrophobic and every guest I stood around commented on this. There were maybe 6 small tables in the dining area, so each morning there were people upset because there was not enough seating. The worst thing was that the weekend we stayed was over 100 degrees F each day, and in the mornings was over 80 degrees by 10am, and the breakfast area had almost NO AIR, no fans, and no open windows. EVERYONE I saw in the area was sweating. Disgusting.

Customer service personnel were polite, but honestly, they looked unkempt and tired. I saw the same woman running the desk at around 3pm Saturday, 12am Sunday morning, 8am Sunday morning, 11pm Sunday night and 8am Monday morning. It was almost as if she lived at that desk, and I'm not exaggerating. I have no idea how she stayed awake.

Overall, we practically RAN out of that place, and I really feel bad for people that stay there. I have never written a hotel review before, but I had such a disgusting experience and the place is supposed to be a moderate level and didn't meet the standard at all. I don't want another family getting stuck in this dump. There was no excuse for it.

Room Tip: The first floor is supposed to be non-smoking, but it smelled so strongly of cigarettes when we got back from being in the city that we actually wondered if some staff had been smoking in our room. Smoking floor is on the second floor and it FLOODED down through our bathroom and in to the rest of the room. I had two children there who are asthmatic, and it was disgusting. Only stay if you are a smoker who doesn't mind laying in stale smoke all night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
BaymontCalumetCity, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Hello, I am the General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites in Calumet City. I have read your response and I would like to apologize for your experience at our property. We have worked on the complaint with the pool, room, and breakfast as you had stated.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was our first trip to Chicago and staying the the baymont inn was great. The staff was nice, they were very knowledgeable about the Chicagoland area and gave us a referral to a taxi-company who shuttled us back/forth to downtown Chicago at such a great price. The hotel is a nice place to stay

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your stay with us at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. I appreciate your kind words and am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property. Please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

my stay at the baymont inn & suites in calumet city,il was excellent. the staff was friendly you get a nice clean room at a great price and it's so easy to travel to downtown Chicago. the travel time to downtown chicago is 20 minutes and the hotel has free parking, free continental breakfast, free wi-fi. and an indoor pool,lots of fun with nearby restaurants and shopping malls.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay with us At Baymont Inn and Suites. We truly appreciate the kind words and would absolutely love to see you again. Please stop in and see me.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Easy excess in and out I-94, Very good rate before entering Chicago downtown. Pool and spa nice and warm. Will stay again.

Room Tip: very good place to stay. It is worth your money.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your stay at Baymont Inn and Suites-Calumet City. We appreciate your stay with us and please come visit us again soon. Please come and see me personally and I will be happy to assist you.