“not impressed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City

and 1 more site!
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calumet City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Im not trying to brag when I say I have traveled to a ton of different nasty Hostels and have had to hover over toilets and perhaps skip a shower or two. But this hotel was by far the worst stays I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Traveling across country in a large U-haul, I made reservations through a website that said I didn't need to put a credit card down at the time of reserving a spot (the main reason I used the website) because we were driving and didn't anticipate where we would land for the night.

Luckily, we found the Baymont Inn hotel, parked, walked in anticipating a quick check in, and instead received an angry welcome by a less-than thrilled guest associate, was given attitude when we hadn't given our card information-which she couldn't use anyway because the card machine was broken (way to go miss unhappy) and then finally gave us keys after having to dig for cash.

We chose a non smoking, Queen sized room and were excited to grab our over night bags and sleep as long as possible before waking up super early to try and make it to DC by dinner. Instead, tired and carrying heavy bags, we opened our door and walked into a plume of invisible cigarette smoke (freshly put there I'm sure), dirty, questionable marks on all surfaces, dirty sheets (we dared to sleep above all covers) nasty floors (we didn't take off our shoes or socks all night) hovered over the toilet (that had fresh cigarette ashes on the seat (nice touch Baymont-really welcoming) skipped the shower and when we eventually crawled out of bed we were surprised we WERE NOT bitten by bugs (only plus I guess?). The breakfast buffet thing was surprisingly nice, if you like watered down coffee and another miss attitude staring at you from the front desk.

I understand Guest Associate jobs aren't all that glamorous, I've been there in spas and hotels and all people want is relaxation. But holy crap the attitude? What happened to helping out the guest? We didn't come here to argue.

All we received from this hotel was a terrible nights sleep, the beginnings of emphysema, and judgement from the moment we walked in to the moment we drove away. Honestly, I'm not familiar with Chicago customs, but if ever given the option to go back (even if it was a zombie-pocolyps, the end of the world, the only shelter to take) I would rather chose being eaten alive by wild zombies.

Room Tip: So many 'Yikes' I cant even begin.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Baymont I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We have had turn-over at our front desk due to issues like this and hope that this never happens to you again. The rooms are being upgraded and hope you stay with us in the future to see the progress.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Baymont, they have flat screens now, and the staff is good.
There is a pleasant smell when you walk into the building. The rooms are very clean, and ill be back again with my family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Baymont I, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Baymont Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calumet City
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City? Share your experiences!