Im not trying to brag when I say I have traveled to a ton of different nasty Hostels and have had to hover over toilets and perhaps skip a shower or two. But this hotel was by far the worst stays I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.
Traveling across country in a large U-haul, I made reservations through a website that said I didn't need to put a credit card down at the time of reserving a spot (the main reason I used the website) because we were driving and didn't anticipate where we would land for the night.
Luckily, we found the Baymont Inn hotel, parked, walked in anticipating a quick check in, and instead received an angry welcome by a less-than thrilled guest associate, was given attitude when we hadn't given our card information-which she couldn't use anyway because the card machine was broken (way to go miss unhappy) and then finally gave us keys after having to dig for cash.
We chose a non smoking, Queen sized room and were excited to grab our over night bags and sleep as long as possible before waking up super early to try and make it to DC by dinner. Instead, tired and carrying heavy bags, we opened our door and walked into a plume of invisible cigarette smoke (freshly put there I'm sure), dirty, questionable marks on all surfaces, dirty sheets (we dared to sleep above all covers) nasty floors (we didn't take off our shoes or socks all night) hovered over the toilet (that had fresh cigarette ashes on the seat (nice touch Baymont-really welcoming) skipped the shower and when we eventually crawled out of bed we were surprised we WERE NOT bitten by bugs (only plus I guess?). The breakfast buffet thing was surprisingly nice, if you like watered down coffee and another miss attitude staring at you from the front desk.
I understand Guest Associate jobs aren't all that glamorous, I've been there in spas and hotels and all people want is relaxation. But holy crap the attitude? What happened to helping out the guest? We didn't come here to argue.
All we received from this hotel was a terrible nights sleep, the beginnings of emphysema, and judgement from the moment we walked in to the moment we drove away. Honestly, I'm not familiar with Chicago customs, but if ever given the option to go back (even if it was a zombie-pocolyps, the end of the world, the only shelter to take) I would rather chose being eaten alive by wild zombies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *PARDON OUR DUST AS WE UPDATE OUR FACILITY* Close to Downtown Chicago With Heated Indoor Pool And Free Continental Breakfast Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago / Calumet City hotel is a comfortable, convenient place to begin your adventures in Illinois. Located less than 30 miles from Chicago at the state line with Hammond, IN and offering easy access to Interstate 94, our hotel makes it easy to reach all the Windy City has to offer. Enjoy thoughtful amenities like free Wi-Fi Internet access and free continental breakfast every morning. If you are here on business, take advantage of our meeting space and business center. In your down time, take a relaxing dip in the heated indoor pool. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult, and free parking for vehicles of all sizes is included at our Calumet City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Calumet City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites - Chicago Calumet City Hotel Calumet City
- Baymont Inn And Suites - Chicago Calumet City
- Baymont Inn Calumet City
- Calumet City Baymont Inn