The extension to the hotel, the reorganisation of the downstairs rooms and the radical changes to the menu all suggest new management at The Grove. In fact the management remains the same but the experience is altogether different and vastly improved. The dark furnishings and wood panelling create a real sense of intimacy and comfort. Attention to detail extends throughout the hotel including the delightful library on the first floor. Clearly the management have aspirations with the dining as well, and the mackerel with chocolate and radish sauce was delicious. It is here though that I left disappointed. The food was excellent but why do the portions resemble more canapés in size rather than reasonably sized courses? It was only the excellent cheese which prevented me from leaving hungry. Is a diminutive portion a marker of quality, or is it just a crude attempt to save some money? Whatever the case, the prices charged by the Grove at upwards of £320 for dinner bed and breakfast for two do not allow for this type of penny pinching. Overall though an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of the beautiful Pembrokeshire countryside, The Grove is a leading small luxury hotel with one of Wales's finest restaurants led by Executive Chef, Allister Barsby. The Grove is surrounded by manicured lawns, flower borders, meadows and mature trees - and a region that offers a great selection of delicious ingredients. The venue has 26 intimate luxurious rooms and suites that are full of character - with interiors individually designed to the highest standards. Gaze out of our windows for scenic views of the Preseli mountains, or make the short trip to Pembrokeshire National Park for stunning coastal walks. The cuisine has won national awards and critical acclaim, including AA Rosettes, Wales Tourism Awards and listing in the Good Food Guide. All dishes are served with creativity and flair, and many ingredients come from the kitchen garden - providing ultra-fresh flavours to delight every palette. In summary, the Grove is the perfect place to relax in intimate luxury for those travelers that want to experience the best of Welsh cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HRS, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Grove of Narberth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grove - Narberth Hotel Narberth
- Grove Of Narberth Pembrokeshire