We were looking for a weekend break, a chance to get away little for a restorative few days. Little did we know what a treat lay ahead for us when we arrived at The Grove. The owners, Neil and Zoe have every detail covered. The hotel is a vibrant mix of country house elegance with a touch of cool - all of the luxury but none of the stuffy. From the minute we set foot in the place the stress of a very busy life began ebbing away as we were shown through the beautiful reception to a great room. It just got better. Open fires, chilled atmosphere, amazing decor, great service combined to make The Grove a piece of heaven in West Wales.
The food is sublime, local ingredients obviously carefully combined with some amazing results. Slow cooked rabbit was a taste sensation with the brill in saffron stealing the show for me. Breakfast should also get a mention with Eggs benedict, french toast and maple porridge on offer in the beautiful wood panelled room which we were lucky to enjoy in what felt like the first weekend in spring. The weekend's weather was very kind bathing the whole place in warm sun for the two days we enjoyed there. The Grove is open for lunch - but we managed to tear ourselves away to explore the local area so saved ourselves for dinner.
Service also should get a mention - attentive but not obtrusive with a genuine warmth and friendliness where nothing is too much trouble. The relaxed vibe of the team meant that we were immediatley put at ease.
We'll be going back a few times this year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of the beautiful Pembrokeshire countryside, The Grove is a leading small luxury hotel with one of Wales's finest restaurants led by Executive Chef, Allister Barsby. The Grove is surrounded by manicured lawns, flower borders, meadows and mature trees - and a region that offers a great selection of delicious ingredients. The venue has 26 intimate luxurious rooms and suites that are full of character - with interiors individually designed to the highest standards. Gaze out of our windows for scenic views of the Preseli mountains, or make the short trip to Pembrokeshire National Park for stunning coastal walks. The cuisine has won national awards and critical acclaim, including AA Rosettes, Wales Tourism Awards and listing in the Good Food Guide. All dishes are served with creativity and flair, and many ingredients come from the kitchen garden - providing ultra-fresh flavours to delight every palette. In summary, the Grove is the perfect place to relax in intimate luxury for those travelers that want to experience the best of Welsh cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Grove of Narberth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grove - Narberth Hotel Narberth
- Grove Of Narberth Pembrokeshire