“Mini relaxation & Lunch”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canaston Wood
Well Spa at Bluestone
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canaston Wood
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We got a great deal on last minute dot com for 2 course light lunch, glass of bubbly on arrival and access to the spa facilities for twenty pounds per person. We went on a friday and there was only 6 people including us there .... bliss!

Arrival - you have to park your car a bit of a walk away from the spa its self, not a problem as its set in a national park so the walk is lovely, but the map they gave us/sign posts aren't the best, spa users should get a complimentary golf buggy which are available on site, especially as the walk back to the car is up hill. (but thats if i am being ultra lazy :)

Lunch - Was a baguette or wrap with choice of filling and a desert of which i had lemon tart with clotted cream, courses were not out of this world but delicious nevertheless, the glass of bubbly was actually real champagne (couldn't believe this!) which i requested to have with the lunch instead of on arrival, i did have to remind the waitress of this but it wasn't a problem.

Spa Facilities - We were provided with an informed welcome, towel, robe and slippers and shown to the changing rooms which have fantastic showers with shampoo & conditioner, ample room to get changed and lockers that require a refundable £1, but they could do with a few more hairdryers/ straighteners as there is only one for each.
Once changed we were given a tour of the facilities, the thermal spa was a salt sauna, brick sauna, marine steam, herbal steam, another type of sauna, ice room and power showers, all of which are accessed off the same room. All the saunas and steam rooms were large in fact the largest I've ever been in i don't understand the other comments saying they are small?? all were clean and well maintained. The herbal steam does have a intermittent loud banging every so often not much of an issue, but could be looked at and maybe they could have music inside the rooms not just in the main bit. The hydrotherapy pool is located separately outside, but its heated & was warm enough for us, it is a bit weird having to walk through the cafe to get to it though maybe they could put up a screen. There was drinking water readily available throughout the facilities which was good.

The relaxation room (mainly used for people after treatments) wasn't the best, we went in after our time in the thermal rooms, the beds were comfortable but the CD player had stopped so no music, you could here delivery wagon outside and the lights were too bright, both things that could be easily fixed and obviously this isn't an integral part of the experience as we didn't have treatments so we weren't to fussed.

All in all i would go again, if you are just looking for some timeout it did the trick, a nice few hours relaxation with lunch, the place could do with a little TLC especially the cafe i.e wonky tables but not the worst ive seen and it served its purpose. The thermal rooms which is what we mainly went for however were excellent.

I would recommend and i would go again :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been to the Spa when staying at Bluestone, but this time I booked a Twilight Spa for late Friday afternoon after a busy week ...
My colleague and I were more or less the only people there; all rooms were functioning and we had a thoroughly relaxing time. We were each provided with towel, robe and slippers and had two hours in which we visited: the plunge pool (x2); the two steam rooms (both full steam ahead!); the dry saunas; the 3 showers; the ice room; the salt box. At the end we each enjoyed a lovely hot shower in the changing rooms, with free use of luxury products. All of this for £15 each!! No one pressured us to have a "treatment"; but we have enjoyed these in the past and would recommend them. On the way out I did buy some of the bergamot shower gel and body lotion (it was so lovely!).
The package even included a glass of champagne for each of us ... this was delivered to the cafe area unprompted by me, together with a lovely little net bag full of chocolate drops. The therapist came to find us (we were in the outside plunge bath) and tell us (very sweetly) where the treats had been left.
When we arrived there was a queue of staying visitors at the gate ... we waited a few minutes, but then drove past the queue to go to the car park.
In our experience, there is no formal booking in process when you are a day visitor, and we have been on various occasions for different events ...
as well as 3 holidays (and we are booked to visit again next spring).
When you get to the car park park you have to walk down to the Village so park your car in the bottom left hand side of the car park ... in the corner there you will find a footpath which wends its way to the Village ... turn right at the bottom of the hill (by the kids playground) and walk to the end of the shops to find the Well Spa on your right.
Bluestone is a welcome setting of mixed facilities for the locals, and we make the most of it!
Thank you to the Bluestone Team AGAIN for all your efforts; they are appreciated by us.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank georgiahay
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and i decided to have a relaxing morning while the children were in school. The spa consists of 2 lovely saunas, 2 steam rooms, an ice room and a ? salt room ? ( i must say the description of a bus shelter in other review is spot on!) The spa has been well made and finished nicely (they should remove the rust water feature in the outdoor area!) However in the green steam room there was a horrendous banging noise. My husband mentioned this to a member of staff who said there was an oil tanker delivering oil and it was going. So when we tried it again the banging was still there. This could be heard around 50% of the small spa. I went to reception, the lady said she would speak to the manager, she then came up to investigate (obviously the manager couldn't be bothered). She said it was the pump, pumping the essence into the room and it would stop and that if it wasn't so quiet in the spa we wouldn't hear it! Anyway this continued banging and banging. So we gave up, it sounded like someone had a big hammer and was hitting the wall. In the end we gave up! It went on and on. We weren't asked about any medical conditions at any time, nor were we advised of any restrictions to the spa. As we were leaving we weren't asked if we had enjoyed, as i'm sure they knew what we would say and they obviously don't care. The food in the restaurant was nice, the waitress lovely. Place could be great, but there is lot that lets it down. I think they are relying on tourists who stay they because as a local i wont be returning!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liz e
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked for myself and 3 friends to have the afternoon tea package which included 30 min treatment, use of facilities and afternoon tea. The spa facilities and treatments were top class and therapists very professional and helpful, but the cafe and waitress service was appalling no sandwich fillings, no scones and a wait of an hour !!! And then u have to go down to locker room to get wallet to pay and are uable to pay the bill at the desk when leaving !!! Will defiantly use spa again but will have lunch/tea else where

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Went to the well spa yesterday with friends, paid £75 pounds for maternity facial and use of spa. Was disappointed and not had realised that pregnant ladies could not use the steam/ sauna/ jacuzzi which left little else to use... The ice room which was warm with random crushed ice trickling from a pipe and the salt room which I have no idea if it was on or not , just felt like a bus shelter. I thought there would be an indoor pool to use and relax around . My facial was lovely and the therapist was friendly and professional. Lunch was nice too, lovely waitress, small cafe which looks out to the outside seating area. The biggest let down was the general standard of the spa, very dark, all black grey and purple. It needs a fresh makeover and needs a better standard of maintance , seems dull old and run down, unlike the light, airy fresh clean spas I am more a custom with.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ktlane
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently visited The Well Spa at Bluestone, I chose a hot stones massage never having experienced one. I can honestly say it was very relaxing and I enjoyed every aspect of my experience. I also spent some time taking advantage of the Spa facilities and despite the cold weather used the outdoor Spa pool.

I did not order a snack in the small snack bar, I just had a coffe, but a number of people were ordering snacks which looked delicious.

I found the all staff very helpful and pleasant, they spent some time explaining the different treatments available. Yes I would recommend this spa andtreatments,and yes I would visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mugret
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We came here for a friends hen party and was disappointed as the spa was very busy with two other big parties of people so did not find the experience very relaxing. The outdoor jacuzzi was not very warm and considering how cold it was outside, you couldnt stay in there for a while. The food was also a let down as there was a long wait even though we had given our orders a few weeks in advance and they were sandwiches/salads so nothing too complicated to prepare!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Plas Hyfryd Country Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#3 of 23 in Tenby

Been to Well Spa at Bluestone? Share your experiences!