“A Perfectly Fine Motel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canton
Quincy, Illinois
“A Perfectly Fine Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My son and I stayed at the Canton Heritage Grand Inn for the 2011 IL DNR Youth Goose Hunt. The motel was clean and quiet. Our room was spotless. Whatever the other negative reviewers experienced was not the case for us. The breakfast was pretty sparse but what do you expect for this price? They let everyone fill their coffee thermos for free. There was even a knockout babe at the front desk when we checked in. I have no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank skarloey99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Bed bugs were found last weekend, when brought to the managments attention they asked that we were quieter so other guests did not hear. Gave free room but highly doubt anything is being done to correct. Looking back, there was a mattress sitting in the halway by another room. Looks like they have a problem. So paranoid that we have our belongings in the freezer for two weeks to make sure we did not bring them home.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Killians B
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

We has to spend the night in Canton to celebrate my sister in law's birthday. We chose the Heritage Grand Inn due to a recommendation of a friend.

The Heritage Grand Inn is nothing fancy. It is a two story hotel located on a very busy road. It does not have an elevator. The hotel gives you an actual key at check in. The door to the room was extremely difficult to open. After about six tries we finally opened the door.

We had a room with two double beds. The room was large compared to other budget hotels we have stayed in. The room has a refrigerator in the room. Unfortunately the fridge ran all night which made it difficult to sleep. The bathroom light is also turns on the bathroom fan. It sounded like a boat motor when turned on.

The bed was ok but the pillows were as flat as a pancake. I am truly grateful that I brought pillows from home. In the morning I saw several stains on the side of the mattress. I can only imagine what the stains were. Gross.....

The hotel offers a continental breakfast in the morning. My wife went downstairs to have a light breakfast. Don't get your hopes up. They were out of juice and almost everything else.

The hotel served its purpose. We needed a place to stay. Would we stay there again? Probably. There are not a lot of lodging choices in Canton.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank satchel21
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

We have used this facility about once a year since they opened and have always been pleased with the accomomadations. My mother is elderly and the handicapped access room is better then many of the higher priced Chains that we have used. If you want all the bells and whistles this may not be the place for you, however if you want value for your money, give this a try!

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank judisguise
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

The Hotel seems to be family owned, like a few other hotels in Canton. The people are very small town minded not caring what anyone else seems to think. they arn't there for you. you need a place to stay so there you are. the cost for the service is to much. but the whole time I was there I didn't see any other staff members. There really wasn't anything for the kids to do at the hotel, but down the road was a bowling alley. I believe that with a little professional skills they will be doing great. The hotel is a nice for the town that it is in but always is in need of improvement.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicagoCominBACK
Romulus, Mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel in July of 09 and I did not experience all the things that others that wrote a review did . I was given a clean room I had plenty of clean towel the sheets were clean the pillows were clean .The bathroom was very clean the carpet was up to date and the only thing I will say is that they act a little prejudice towards certain people and they did act as if they were from space when i complained about not getting calls to my room I guess the night person doesn't transfer calls nor do they bother to answer the calls at night,must be some rule. I recommend this place if you are visiting someone at the illinois river correctional facility and your from out of state because it's only 5-7 minutes away and it's better than the roach motel that is 2 minutes away from the facility .Other than this the super 8 is on main street in canton

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kekeko
pocahontas illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2008

First nite we stayed were given a key someone was allready in the room, asked for non-smoking was put in a smoking room they were desperate to find us room. My mother has asthma so this did not work well. Then were given a single room with a cot after complaining again Carpet looked 50 yrs old, boxes setting in the halls , broken down stuff just setting everywhere, Staff had no personality, not very friendly. I could tell this motel is for workers in the area and not for tourists. Also no enough pillows or towels. Would not recommend worst hotel i have ever stayed at.

Stayed May 2008
3 Thank trees45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Super 8 Canton IL
Super 8 Canton IL
#3 of 3 in Canton
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin
Super 8 Pekin/Peoria Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Been to Heritage Grand Inn? Share your experiences!