“one of my faves in Carbondale”
Review of Thai Taste

Thai Taste
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Carbondale
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai Taste has been proudly serving authentic Thai food alongside contemporary American and Chinese-inspired dishes since 2004! We offer an intimate and comfortable dining experience in the historic New Brush Building in downtown Carbondale and convenient takeout options for customers on the go. Each dish on our menu is a unique family recipe, including our famous Pad Thai and our "Voted #1 in Southern Illinois" chicken wings! We're happy to accommodate all diners, with many dishes having vegetarian and vegan options available. During lunch hours we offer a select menu of our most popular dishes to ensure quick and accurate service. During dinner hours we expand our menu to include all available appetizers, entrees, and desserts. For those 21 and up, don't forget to pair your favorite dish with your favorite drink! We offer both local and craft beers, along with a selection of local wines that are sure to complement your tastes. Thank you for reading a little bit about our restaurant. We hope to serve you soon!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

this place introduced me to Thai food and is now the standard by which I judge other Thai food. Pad Thai, Pad Woonsen, Chicken satay.... it's all fantastic. Also, you can't beat the lunch prices.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Food's always good and the menu is reasonably priced. The place can get a little crowded as it's not a very big restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Been coming here for lunch at least once a week for years. Dinner on occasion. Food is consistently excellent. Reasonably priced. Menu has just enough variety. Have tried it all and can recommend everything. Wait staff are jovial and seem to genuinely enjoy working here and are a big reason we keep coming back. Acoustics can be a little loud in a crowd. Bar seating is nice. Good location. Usually ample parking but bring quarters to feed Carbondale's notorious meters because you WILL be ticketed. Come early for a seat at lunch time. My favorite lunch spot in Carbondale!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Thai Taste is great...my favorite dish is Pad Kratium Prig Thai. You can get it for lunch or dinner...speaking of lunch, they get you in and out quickly and the lunch menu is a great bargain. All of their apps are great, as are the Thai iced coffees. When I have a cold, I always crave their soups, which are all smooth, spicy, and perfect comfort food. Lunch, dinner, or takeout, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank mkbonns
Reviewed 28 July 2014

After long drive from Chicago we found this recommended restaurant. We were hungry and order 3 appetizers and never saw our waitress again for 15+ minutes. She brought the 2 very tasty springs rolls (cut into 3 pieces each), satay chicken on a stick, and very average done but under cooked chicken wings. We were told we had to wait because it takes a wile for the wings to cook. I think if they have it on the appetizer menu it should be more prepared. Besides they had a sign in front advertising the wings. Anyway they were not falling of the bone or particularly special in any way. Just good plain wings.
The problem is probably my expectations - I imagined Thai style grilled chicken wings.
The yellow curry was very good but I asked for "spicy rating 8" -which I expected to be much more kick than I got. The proportions on the entrees was good.
We would go again and try rating 10!