“School registration”

Hampton Inn Carbondale
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Reviewed 31 March 2014

visit was for college enrollment. Convenient to location of college. Friendly staff. pleasant hotel. I would definitely stay there in the future, when I visit college student. This hotel would be recommended to others I know to be traveling in the Carbondale area. Thank the registration process was easy, and email confirmation was a big help. Thank you again for all of your help.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great Staff, Great Service, Clean, and Amazing Cookies :)... I would definitely stay there again if I had to revisit the area. I had the Single King room with the jet jacuzzi and it was amazing with soooo much room. I would definitely recommend this room to someone needing alot of space or a couple. No complaints!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Cracks in the walls in my "upgraded" studio suite. Sheets that were too small for the bed. Entire front of hotel is less than 100 feet from a round-the-clock busy four-lane highway so nothing but constant truck noise. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, maybe the rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter?
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
brittany_foster, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Brittany Foster
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stay at lots of Hampton Inns. I keep going back because they are usually pretty good rooms for reasonable prices. This one fell short. I had problems after check-in when they put me in a different room than what they recorded at the desk. therefore, my Internet access didn't work (you have to put in your room number) until day two (I had work to get done).

The breakfast was okay, but it was like the "People of Walmart" in there - with guests in their pajamas and similar (not Hampton's fault, except for allowing it). The bathroom facility isn't very good. No water pressure in sink and shower.

The biggest disappointment for me was the fitness center. There was one decent treadmill, and one non-working electronic stationary bike. That's it. Nothing else at all. Way below the standards that I expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Quality of bathroom not up to par for the money charged. Water flow is poor. Shower flow was impossible to get it right. Shower curtain sagged badly into the tub. Complained to the front desk but no action was taken during the remaining two days of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The rooms are beautifully painted, and the beds were so comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to find a gorgeous and comfortable white bedspread, instead of those ugly, itchy, floral-patterned ones.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Don't hesitate or think twice when in the area about staying at The Hampton Inn Carbondale. It's nearest competitor, The Holiday Inn, can't meet the level of superior service The Hampton Inn provides.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Drury Inn Marion
Drury Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion

Been to Hampton Inn Carbondale? Share your experiences!