“Good hotel, good chain, reliable and bright.”

Hampton Inn Carbondale
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Edwardsville, United States
“Good hotel, good chain, reliable and bright.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hampton, in my experience is always clean, bright and attractive at a price I can usually afford. For this stay, a block of rooms at a bereavement rate was created. There were no hitches for anybody and the hotel was a bright spot is a sad time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice hotel for the one night stayed. Saw a couple really big spiders by pool and in room but what stay again. Easy access to the college. Lots of restaurants in area. Breakfast buffet was helpful and the regular type of offerings.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

carol stream il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Employees were extremely helpful; we had no way to get to SIU with our son as taxi service was broken down/non-existent. One of the employees drove us the four miles or so to the campus in her personal car, which was fantastic and greatly appreciated. The hotel room itself, however, faced the road and I had great difficulty falling asleep due to the road noise. Make sure your room doesn't face the road!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a very well run hotel, for a price of a motel About $108 a night. The room was spacious, very well furnished, with well designed furnishings, superbly clean, and excellent bathroom. Housekeeping was also outstanding. The best value I've experienced in a long time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Calera, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is arguably the worst Hampton Inn in the US. The walls must be made of paper because I could everything going on on both sides of my room. The shower in my room was awful! The tiles we molded and the wall paper was peeling off the walls. Speaking of the shower, every time someone flushed a toilet or took a shower, it sounded like the pipes were gonna explode. I dont know if it was from the floor above us or from our floor but you could hear the pipes and they were loud and scary. The beds smelled bad like they used some weird washing soap or something. I stay in Hampton every week as I travel and this was the worst to date! I would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
brittany_foster, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Carbondale, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room and for the unpleasant noises that you experienced during your stay. I am actively working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Brittany Foster
Front Office Manager
Assumption, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Amanda (pretty sure that is her name) was very helpful during check-in. Allowed us to check in early, and room wasn't quite ready. I think she could tell I was a little stress with graduation and moving out my college senior. She helped finish cleaning the room so we could get in faster and not be late.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Glen Ellyn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

First let me compliment Hampton on the improvements to the lobby which now has a very boutique-like feel, and is very comfortable for lounging and for the complimentary breakfast. Also, the hotel personnel were extremely helpful. A young lady named Paula was especially helpful at the breakfast. I have limited mobility and she did everything she could to make sure I was comfortable and had whatever I needed. The room was comfortable, and we got a great night's sleep on a nice, soft bed. My only nit to pick is one I have with every motel. Why don't they have walk in showers? Who takes a bath in a motel? Because of my mobility problems, getting into a tub is especially difficult for me. But, that aside I highly recommend the Hampton in Carbondale. ps - if you have a kid graduating next year, make your reservations now. I reserved my room in September and got one of the last rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
BEST WESTERN Saluki Inn
Drury Inn Marion
Drury Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion

Been to Hampton Inn Carbondale? Share your experiences!