“Probably the best you will find in Carbondale...”

Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Carmel, Indiana
“Probably the best you will find in Carbondale...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Overall, a clean hotel with comfy beds, just not the 4 and 5 star hotels that I am used to staying in. Staff was friendly, bathrooms have been updated. My room had a funky smell to it though...
The king bedroom was huge with a lot of empty space! A rather noisy place - I thought there was storm during the night, but it was the old style window heating/cooling units. Attached restaurant was good. If I had to return to the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Mary,
Firstly I would like to apologize our property was even a little bit noisy. I had maintenance take a look at the A/C units in the rooms and do maintenance as needed. I am very glad you found the rooms clean and our staff friendly, we strive to provide an excellent service environment for all our guests. Let us know next time you are in the Carbondale area and we will be happy to accomadate you again.
Jane Kearney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Harrisburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'm used to a clean house and nice bed. So I appreciated the nice mattress for my aching back. And walking in to clean smelling room. The staff was delightful. I appreciated the nice mattress for my aching back. The staff was helpful and delightful. I was well
pleased with my stay. Nice seafood restaurant attached. Also a free breakfast. I assumed a three star had a hot tub but they just had small indoor pool. Cold :-((( yikes. My assumption and no big deal. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that you took notice of our dedication to cleanliness here at the Holiday Inn Carbondale. I'm sorry we didn't have a hot tub for you but am more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed dining at Boondock's. Every day we work hard to ensure that our guests feel appreciated and well taken care of and your review is evidence that it is paying off.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

In town for business, great hotel, comfortable, clean, nice location. I see others complaining about the lack of a breakfast, but there are plenty of options nearby for a breakfast. if you are staying in the area, it is a great option for that stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Bsf80,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear you enjoy staying at our property and look forward to your next visit.
UNIONTOWN, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was in the area for business. The hotel is near the local mall and multiple restaurants. I didn't realize that this was not an Express until I checked in so they did not have the typical free continental breakfast but they do have an adjoining restaurant. If you have status, you are given vouchers for a free breakfast meal. I did not eat at the restaurant. The room was large and included a microwave and small refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable. This hotel sits back from the main road and my room faced the back of the hotel so I had no road noise. The business office was very clean, well supplied and the PCs/printers worked with no issue. I did get disconnected from the internet multiple times in my room one evening and when I checked wth the front desk they told me they would re-set the router but had no other customers reporting an issue. I did have another small issue with my room during my stay but it was very quickly addressed by management. If in the area again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the back of the hotel for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear FENTON64, Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to try out Boondocks our attached restaurant. They've been working hard over there to bring great food to all our guests. I'm glad to hear any issue with the room was quickly addressed and have also spoken with our wireless internet provider and had them fix the internet dropping out. We look forward to your next visit.
chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

VERY upset with this hotel! I booked (via Hotels.com) a room for 2 nights so that my husband and I could visit our son at SIU. It clearly indicated the rate INCLUDED breakfast, which is the ENTIRE reason I booked this hotel. The first morning we were there I called the Front Desk and asked how we went about getting our FREE BREAKFAST-that was included and was told "Sorry, that is only during the week". I told them it WAS clearly included in my rate when I booked as well as when the room was confirmed. The answer I received was "We have NO control over what Hotels.com puts on their site"!!! That is the most ridiculous answer I could of ever imagined. And basically I was told that there was nothing they were willing to do about it. Rude, rude, rude. PLEASE-do yourself a favor and find a cheaper hotel where you can't hear the toilet's flushing all through the hotel and who stands by their "advertised rate"

Room Tip: You can hear toilets flushing all night long...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank puckhead
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Puckhead,
I am appalled to hear we did not take care of you for breakfast. I have personally called Hotels.com to have them update their website to accurately show our breakfast offerings. We do offer complimentary breakfast items during the week, or four dollars off menu items. On the weekends we offer the four dollar off coupons to members of IHG rewards, our loyalty program. I agree that it is ridiculous that we didn’t stand by what was advertised on Hotels.com’s website and assure you that this has been addressed with our staff. Next time you come to visit your son in Carbondale and choose to stay with us, let us know and this time breakfast is on us.
Holiday Inn Carbondale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

New carpet and very clean.

This holiday inn is spacious and has new carpet and decor in the common areas and hotel rooms. I have seen my share of the -nice lobby but old rooms - hotels, but this is not it. Very clean.

The guest room I had was a double bed - and it also had a chair in the room. The bathroom could have been a bit larger, but it was clean and had newer linens, and the standard toiletries.

The wi-fi was average.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel that had a sea food theme. The hotel gives you a coupon for your breakfast - and you enjoy the complimentary breakfast there. It was above average. You can order from the menu that they have also.

Nice stay and nice attention to detail.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Morton, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had a reservation (with a confirmation number) for a 2 queen beds nonsmoking room. My son and I checked in about 45 minutes before a reception at Southern Illinois University with the plan to go up to our room change into our dress clothes and leave in plenty of time for the reception (we drove 4 1/2 hours to get there). When we got to our room it was a King Smoking room. We went right back down to the desk and let them know their mistake. They did some searching and informed me they must have overbooked, and that was the only room they had left. I told them we are non-smokers and there was no way I could stay in a smoking room (it had smelled AWFUL!!) By now we were running extremely behind and still needed to change our clothes for the reception at SIU. They said there were rooms available in the Marion Holiday Inn if we wanted to call a make a reservation there and they would not charge us for our room in Carbondale (DUHHHHH!! Really??). I asked them where we could change our clothes and could they make the reservation for us as we were now running late. My son and I had to change into our dress clothes in there public bathrooms. What an awful experience, the worst I've ever had!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tmj283
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear tmj283,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
BEST WESTERN Saluki Inn
#2 of 15 in Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#1 of 15 in Marion

Been to Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center? Share your experiences!