“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
Carbondale, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I spent a night here with my wife. I had reserved a basic king room but was greeted with a free upgrade to a huge whirlpool room. Everything about this hotel was top notch from the friendly desk staff to the clean, comfortable, well-appointed room. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a chance to stay in one of our upgraded rooms and found everything to be exceptional. Please give us a call next time you are in the Carbondale area, we would be happy to have you again.
Jane Kearney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
CHICAGO
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had a great stay at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center this past weekend. I was there on business (giving a day of genealogy lectures for the Genealogy Society of Southern Illinois over at John A. Logan College in Carterville) and this property was conveniently located.

Loved the lobby which really made this Holiday Inn stand out from all the other cookie-cutter type properties. The room was clean, quiet and huge. I was happy I could get a good night's sleep and get some work done.

The restaurant Boondocks, attached to the property, was closed for renovations which meant there was a free continental breakfast set up in a hallway near the conference rooms - it served the purpose with coffee, juice, cereal and pastries.

I would definitely return and stay here next time I'm in Carbondale!

Room Tip: Third floor - mid floor - 317 - seemed to be a handicap accessible room since there was only a large...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GenealogyNinja
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad to hear you had a great stay and our location was convenient. We want to apologize though, that our restaurant wasn’t available to you. It will be reopening soon with an enormous wood fired pizza oven! Let us know next time you are in town and we will be happy to make a reservation for you.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was clean, the lobby was inviting. The room was clean and comfortable. I stayed in a single King room. There was no bathtub, just a nice stand-up shower with a sliding glass door. The cable TV reception was perfect, but the WiFi reception was poor. There is no free breakfast buffet. If you want breakfast, you get vouchers for four different meals that are provided by a restaurant that is attached. If you want other food options, you have to pay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Boilerqwerty,
I am very happy to hear you found our property to be clean and our lobby inviting, and am glad to hear you enjoyed the shower. We do also have rooms that offer a bathtub if you wish on your next visit. I will look into improving our wireless reception and see if there is something we can do to improve the signal.
Thanks again,
New York, NY
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Carbondale for a wedding. It was exactly what you would expect. Comfortable room, friendly staff, coffee. I didn't use any of the other services, so I can't rate them.

The one issue I will say is with cleaning of the room. I had gotten up around 11AM, and found a note that said that the maid leaves at noon, and couldn't clean my room. I saw the maid in the room next door when I went to leave for the afternoon. She said she puts it under every door she can't clean because of a "Do Not Disturb" sign. She cleaned my room, but didn't make my bed because I left something on it. She did leave a note saying she didn't want to touch what I left on my bed. (It was a charger to a MacBook Air).

If I need to be in Carbondale again, I would stay at the Holiday Inn. It seemed like the best hotel there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear NYSinger,
I wanted to thank you for your review and bringing to my attention the issue with the letter recognizing the “Do Not Disturb” sign. I will speak with housekeeping and make sure they are waiting until the end of the day, making sure the “do not disturb” sign is not removed. I am very happy you found our property up to standard and hope you have a chance to use our other amenities during a future visit.
St. Charles
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were here for a week and would definitely stay here again when in Carbondale. It was refreshing to have breakfast cooked to order in the restaurant next door. At times they have a buffet if there are enough people in the hotel, but the cooked to order breakfast was the best. Top rating for this type of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Wekick,
It always makes me smile when we provide a great stay for our guests. We work hard to ensure our staff is well trained and provide top notch service. I’m glad you had a chance to spend some time here in Southern Illinois and we look forward to your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here overnight to attend orientation with our son. We had reserved two rooms, non-smoking with King beds. Upon our arrival we were greeted warmly and promptly checked-in. I am in Carbondale several times a year and this was the most efficient check-in I had ever experienced. Our rooms were not adjoining, but right next door which was perfect. Both rooms were spacious, clean and updated. We really loved the updated bathrooms. The bed was comfy and a good nights sleep was had by all. There was a little noise from the a/c unit, but it was not something that was bothersome enough to prevent sleep. While it is challenging to find availability at this hotel for some events, it will be our first choice whenever possible for the next four years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the street side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Beachgirlinmo,
Sorry about the noise from the AC unit. I have had my maintenance team pull all the HVAC units from the rooms and give them a good cleaning and hope that will make them run quieter. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I’m glad to hear your son choose SIU, we have a lot of alumni working here and are always happy to see new additions to the Saluki family!
Looking forward to your next visit,
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Overall, a clean hotel with comfy beds, just not the 4 and 5 star hotels that I am used to staying in. Staff was friendly, bathrooms have been updated. My room had a funky smell to it though...
The king bedroom was huge with a lot of empty space! A rather noisy place - I thought there was storm during the night, but it was the old style window heating/cooling units. Attached restaurant was good. If I had to return to the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AGM_HICarbondale, Manager at Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Mary,
Firstly I would like to apologize our property was even a little bit noisy. I had maintenance take a look at the A/C units in the rooms and do maintenance as needed. I am very glad you found the rooms clean and our staff friendly, we strive to provide an excellent service environment for all our guests. Let us know next time you are in the Carbondale area and we will be happy to accomadate you again.
Jane Kearney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Best Western Saluki Inn
Days Inn & Suites Carbondale
Drury Inn Marion
Drury Inn Marion
#1 of 15 in Marion

Been to Holiday Inn Carbondale Conference Center? Share your experiences!