“As good as Gatlinburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carbondale
Devil's Kitchen Cabins
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Cabin #1 (the older of two cabins on site) was built as well a nice house. Everything was very clean, especially considering the cabin is literally in the middle of the woods. We had satellite TV, a very nice hot tub that is sunk into the floor on the screened in back porch, and a fire pit in the back yard with firewood supplied. There is a FULL kitchen with every accesory you could ever possibly need to cook or clean. You only need to bring food and drinks. There is also a gas grill on the back deck. Everything worked fine during our visit. The only thing you can see from the cabin is wilderness, and the only thing you can hear is the sound of nature. This is exactly what my wife and I wanted. I would very highly recommend this cabin to anyone who enjoys the feeling that you are miles away from everything. The only real issue we had was that the beds weren't terribly comfortable, but they still beat most hotel beds. I also had to e-mail and leave a voice mail when I was researching the cabin, but I got a prompt response both times.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2008

I saw their website and thought that this would be a nice play to stay while we are on our annual hunting trip. I checked the availability page of their website and found that the dates that I need are available so I tried to set up a reservation through their website. the reservation page didn't work so I contacted them through an email and got no response back. Three days later I placed a phone call to them and tried to set up a reservation that way, but got voice mail. I left my name an my number, and also explained that I tried to set up the reservation through their website, and that it didn't go through. I never received a call back. A week went by and I checked the website again and the days that I requested in the original email, and on the voice mail I left were now showing as reserved. Honestly I thought that they had reserved them for me while they fixed whatever problems they were having, and I thought they would get back to me. They never did. So about two months later I emailed again and explained my situation. I was asking if the dates were reserved for me, because I need to set up the trip, and I didn't hear back from them. So now even more time has gone by and I still haven't heard a thing. So after all of that I am left with nothing, not even an answer to whether or not the the cabin was reserved for me or someone else. In all honesty, the cabin looks great, it seems like a wonderful place to go, but the amazingly shocking lack of communication makes me wonder if they've ever really had anybody stay there before or not, let alone if they plan to have anyone stay there in the future. So I wouldn't bother dealing with the folks at devils kitchen cabins, they seem to not want to be bothered anyway. Just a note: I did receive automatic responses from my emails saying someone would contact me in 24 to 48 hours, it just never happened.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank sendhelpplease
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My husband and I just recently had a great overnight stay at the Devil's Kitchen Cabin. Some of the many amenities we enjoyed were hot tub in screened porch, gas grill, outdoor firepit, DVD player (and they even had some great DVD's there too), satellite TV, indoor gas fireplace (quite romantic) and much more. With a fully equipped kitchen and two bedrooms this is an excellent getaway. It was only about 15 minutes outside Carbondale, Illinois, but trust me you probably will want to spend most of your time in the cabin and the gorgeous woods surrounding the place! We just ran out to get steaks to cook on the grill and spent the whole evening at the cabin. The owners have one cabin now and are looking into building another one. This is the perfect getaway and we are planning to return!

Stayed: February 2007