“Clean”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Carbondale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Well managed and maintained. Friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Good wifi speed for my work. Many good places to eat close by.,........ .................................... ............ ..................

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stay here whenever we visit our son and daughter-in-law who are attending SIU. Staff are always courteous and friendly, the place is kept very clean, our bed has always been super comfortable, and the breakfast is just right.
I noticed on our last visit that the hotel has a new upgraded digital TV system which is a lot nicer than what they used to have - nice improvement!

Room Tip: There are three floors, so keep that in mind as you request a room or check-in.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

These guys were great! Just wanted to say thank you and acknowledge all of your staff for a great job on hospitality and being very accommodating to myself and my family. They gave great recommendations for eating establishments and were very accommodating for the swim pool area; which was exceptionally well-kept. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Corner room was quite large and was on the far south side away from the highway; very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a very clean hotel. The staff was very helpful and knew a lot about the area. They gave us great tips on dining and theaters in the area.We were there 4 days they served breakfast earlier than usual to accommodate our schedules,it was just really nice to be in a place where they actually wanted and appreciated our business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The motel is clean with decent acommodations. The staff, however, is exceptional. Every single staff person we encountered was extremely polite and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was on a road trip to visit my elderly father and had my dog with me. The Super 8 in Marion IL had given my room away when I tried to check in at 2:00 a.m. in June 2013.On top of that, there was a classic car show in town and lots of the hotels were booked up. This hotel accommodated my dog and me. Unfortunately, I only had time to sleep for five hours and shower then hit the road again. I wish I had been able to stay longer. The room was very nice and very quiet. I was at the end of a hallway. The provided breakfast was fine. A bit pricey.

Room Tip: get one near the end of the hallway for quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Chicago
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff were particularly friendly, without being overly intrusive. The rooms were clean and the overall experience was a great value. I don't usually leave reviews, despite being a regular hotel-goer. My experience at Best Western Saluki, however, warranted a note. If I ever head back to Carbondale, I will definitely be visiting them again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carbondale
Hampton Inn Carbondale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#2 of 15 in Marion

Been to Best Western Saluki Inn? Share your experiences!