“Very well kept hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carlyle
DAVENPORT
“Very well kept hotel”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I only have two items to complain about, but they are really very minor. The staff is friendly, the entire building seems very clean, my room was always neat and clean when I returned from a day of work. They really do an excellent job. My only complaints are:
The pillows are really thin. I was in a single king room, so there are 3 pillows on the bed, and I had to stack all three pillows in order for them to be thick enough.
I need to press my clothing because I work for IBM. The hotel was more than lend me an iron and ironing board, but the ironing board was the traveling kind, much too short to be useful to me for ironing pants.
Like I said, very minor complaints. I will most likely be staying at this location a second week, and possibly a third.
What speaks better to a job well done than repeat business?! :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I have stayed here off and on since early 2011 for work related reasons. It has always been quiet, clean, and comfortable and the staff are always friendly. Prices are reasonable and I always get the AAA discount. There is a variable selection of room types smoking and non smoking and I have been in several including the suites.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2012

A clean, quiet room that was basic, yet well kept. The whole establishment looked to be cared for and in good order. Welcoming desk staff. The best Super 8 that I have ever visited by a great margin.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

They gave us a discount bc we were driving through town and getting there late and leaving early. Great value, great staff, very clean room! Had everything we needed - couldn't ask for a better motel during a road trip! Continental breakfast left something to be desired, but also not bad.

• Stayed September 2011
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We've stayed here many times throughout the years, and have always been fairly happy. However, it's under new ownership & the new owners are not very friendly. The breakfast is not as abundant as it was before, but there was something for everyone. It's adequately clean, but the pool was rarely open and the garbage cans nearby were overflowing. Pool hours are posted, but not adhered to, making kids disappointed. We'll probably try to stay elsewhere next time, the pool is a dealbreaker for us - if it's supposed to be open & the kids are worked up about it, then it is a big deal when the gates are locked. We're on vacation after all!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Decatur, IL
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I booked a one night stay at the Super 8 in Carlyle, IL for a short getaway. The hotel was nice and clean. Everything was in working order and the free wireless internet was nice. The outside pool was nice but the water was a little chili but it was 95 degrees outside! Lake Carlyle is really nice. I wished I would of took my bike as there where many trails to ride on. I did do a 4 mile run though. The price was right and the town was nice. I did eat at the LuBar Bar and Bistro. I would stay away from the smothered sirlon. It was not that great. The LuBar seemed to be a nice place though.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Winchester, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We had no complaints on our stay here...the hotel was in good condition and everything in working order. Its VERY close to a super walmart so if you forget anything you wont have to go far. Mc Donald's right across the road also if your hungry.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlyle
Mariner's Village at Carlyle Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salem
Super 8 Salem
Super 8 Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem

Been to Centerstone Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!