“Poor experience with Hampton Inn-Carol Stream, IL”

Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hampton Inn at Carol Stream, IL was a disappointment. We have stayed at this facility before and were well pleased. This latest experience was truly frustating. We always enjoy using the pool and hot tub to relax and relieve stress during our travels. The outlets not working in the bathroom was an inconvenience which I thought a hotel of excellence would have quickly addressed. This was not the case. Our level of respect for the Hampton Hotel has been diminished. We may choose to stay elsewhere during our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I love Hampton Inns - always get a microwave, refrigerator, free breakfast, and free internet. This one had all that and the prettiest lobby I've seen at a Hampton Inn. Dependable, clean, and friendly. I'm a Hilton Honors member (gold), but my boyfriend booked our room because he gets a government discount. Despite his online confirmation, the hotel wouldn't give us the discount because we don't live locally. So I didn't get points, we didn't get Gold perks, or a discount. Very disappointed. They wouldn't resolve at the hotel, so we're pending resolution at a higher level. That scenario won't apply to most people, so you'll like it here. The only other issue was the parking. It was free, but the lot was full. 2 of the spaces were occupied by piles of dirt and rocks, 5 others were reserved for Hilton Honor members of a certain level, and remained empty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hampton Inn in Carol Stream is a beautifully appointed, efficiently run, and unexpectedly comfortable hotel. The staff was unusually helpful and warmly welcoming. They assisted this tired traveler with Midwestern hospitality, helping me get a warm snack and directions to the family event that evening. Located on North Avenue, Hampton Inn in Carol Stream is easy access to western suburbs of Chicago and only 20 minutes from downtown. Clean, chic, warm and welcoming---a great value for the money!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn and Ramada nearby and the Hampton Inn is by far the best choice. It's clean, modern, with nice extras like coffee in room and in the lobby, breakfast and free wifi in your room. The staff was friendly and efficient. It's a great place to stay when visiting Wheaton.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

A hotel is only as good as their pillows. This hotel has GREAT pillows. They are firm foam pillows that allow your head to fall into them...but not too much and with the four pillows on this bed; I felt like a child again and I could make a pillow fort. As Goldylocks said, "Just Right."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had to plan my Mother's Memorial and burial from out of state (MN). We had about 30 family members and friends coming mostly from out of state or out of the Chicago area. They made it possible for my family and close friends to be together to celebrate my Mom's life the whole weekend. I reserved about 10 rooms for various number of days. The rooms were very nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, and they had everything we needed. They have the best complimentary breakfast buffet I have ever had at a hotel. They had quite a variety of yummy hot items. The lobby area where the breakfasts are served is beautiful with various seating areas for people to eat at. We, also, rented a meeting room at the Hampton for two days. It had a refrigerator and counter area, lots of tables with white linens and chairs. They set up the room for you, and they clean up afterwards...all for $75 a day. They provided us with a pot of hot water for tea and hot chocolate. Coffee and other beverages are complimentary in the lobby area. We had all of the ice we wanted from the hotel ice machines. I ordered a variety of subway sandwiches for lunch and pizzas from Papa Severios to be delivered for dinner. They brought in extra tables, so we could lay out all of the family pictures for people to chose from and take home with them. They brought in a TV on a cart, so we could watch the video my son had put together documenting my Mom's entire life. We were able to be all together for all of our meals. We weren't in a crowded restaurant on a limited time basis, and people could move around visiting. We felt very much at home and welcome. People wandered in and out of the meeting room, grabbing snacks and beverages or simply sitting around visiting. The kids swam in the pool to their hearts content. We had large zip lock bags available to pack the left overs in, so people could put them in the refrigerators in every room and heat them in the microwaves available at the Hampton. I recommend staying at the Hampton Inn for special events such as this. They were so supportive at a time we really needed it. I thank Eric, Gladys, Jason, Amanda and all the other employees that were so friendly and helpful during our stay. They say that Hampton Inn has "Hamptonality." I believe it! In the future, I plan to stay at Hampton Inns when we are traveling around the country.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel was pretty nice. The breakfast was good. It would have been even better if the pool and hot tub were working. The beds were comfy and the staff was very nice. Everything was clean. I liked that they have coffee out all of the time. They had fresh made cookies in the lobby.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carol Stream
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison Area
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison ...
#1 of 1 in Glendale Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!