“Beautiful Hotel”

Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The lobby of the hotel is beautiful.Checking in was slow and the young fella that checked us in was not very personable. The room was a good size and updated.The area the hotel is in seemed really nice, except that it is on a way one street so to say. The Hampton Inn has free wifi but we had an issue connecting. i called to the reception and Jaime tried to walk both my husband and myself through the process. After a few minutes I think she could tell my husband was getting frustrated so she asked if it would be ok for her to come and show us. This young lady was what us Texans like to call a gem. She had a smile on her face that never left. We saw her the next setting up breakfast and she still had that huge smile on her face, not to mention she greeted everyone with a 'Good morning" The breakfast we good, and we enjoyed the cookies.We visit the area quite often and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I called ahead to find out if there were any decent restaurants close to the hotel and was told there were plenty of them. I'm afraid White Castle does not qualify as fine dining in my book. The hotel is dated and the room was dirty. Dried mud on the carpet, dead insects in bathroom on floor. What really ticked me off was that I asked for restaurant recommendations and had a piece of paper shoved across the counter at me. Apparently English was not the desk clerk's first language. I tried three of the restaurants on the sheet in my GPS and none of the addresses came up as a good address. It would not be a big deal, except I did go to the trouble of calling ahead, not being familiar with the area. Hampton Inns are usually a very safe bet-you know what you're getting. This one definately is an exception and I cannot recommend it. Not at all a good value for the price. A dump.

Room Tip: Try another hotel-I don't think there is a room worth recommending at this property. Sad, really...
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good Hotel for the price was pleased with my stay will use again in future. Staff is friendly and helpful, I enjoy the breakfast. Not all T.V. channel's where available during my stay staff stated they were having problems with Directv not providing them all.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hampton Inn at Carol Stream, IL was a disappointment. We have stayed at this facility before and were well pleased. This latest experience was truly frustating. We always enjoy using the pool and hot tub to relax and relieve stress during our travels. The outlets not working in the bathroom was an inconvenience which I thought a hotel of excellence would have quickly addressed. This was not the case. Our level of respect for the Hampton Hotel has been diminished. We may choose to stay elsewhere during our next visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I love Hampton Inns - always get a microwave, refrigerator, free breakfast, and free internet. This one had all that and the prettiest lobby I've seen at a Hampton Inn. Dependable, clean, and friendly. I'm a Hilton Honors member (gold), but my boyfriend booked our room because he gets a government discount. Despite his online confirmation, the hotel wouldn't give us the discount because we don't live locally. So I didn't get points, we didn't get Gold perks, or a discount. Very disappointed. They wouldn't resolve at the hotel, so we're pending resolution at a higher level. That scenario won't apply to most people, so you'll like it here. The only other issue was the parking. It was free, but the lot was full. 2 of the spaces were occupied by piles of dirt and rocks, 5 others were reserved for Hilton Honor members of a certain level, and remained empty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hampton Inn in Carol Stream is a beautifully appointed, efficiently run, and unexpectedly comfortable hotel. The staff was unusually helpful and warmly welcoming. They assisted this tired traveler with Midwestern hospitality, helping me get a warm snack and directions to the family event that evening. Located on North Avenue, Hampton Inn in Carol Stream is easy access to western suburbs of Chicago and only 20 minutes from downtown. Clean, chic, warm and welcoming---a great value for the money!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn and Ramada nearby and the Hampton Inn is by far the best choice. It's clean, modern, with nice extras like coffee in room and in the lobby, breakfast and free wifi in your room. The staff was friendly and efficient. It's a great place to stay when visiting Wheaton.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carol Stream
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison Area
Ramada Glendale Heights Addison ...
#1 of 1 in Glendale Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!