“Very disappointed of Manager”

Carol's Garden Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Today 6/30/14 I took my 96 yr. old Mom to the restaurant, we have eaten there before. Good food and service. Today the sun was shining in and we needed to turn the blinds down a little so Mom and myself would not have the glare in our eyes. Manager (old man) came out yelling no it's lunch we will not turn the blind (one section) down "they can go over there" which would not serve purpose for I would still be staring toward the window. I got my mom up and we left, we will not be returning for he was so rude, and the waitress knew what we met, no difference. We went across to the Red Apple (1st time) great food, waitress and manager PLUS 10% off for seniors with NO coupon. Susan Metty, Bloomingdale

3  Thank SusanMetty

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went there with my daughter and she had the French Onion soup and a salad and I had the special of pork and sauerkraut with gravy and it was tasty. This place is a nice greek style many item restaurant and we had a good meal.

1  Thank RadfordC
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I sometimes eat at Carol's Garden Restaurant in Carol Stream, IL. We enjoy the good food and friendly service. The restaurant is not decorated in a super fancy style, but it is a very comfortable place where you can relax. We have tried many of their menu items and find the food is well-prepared and quite good. Their menu has a wide variety. I believe you can find a meal to suit almost any diet. Carol's Garden is reasonably priced. Our most recent visit was on December 31, 2013, Our daughter was with us that evening. We arrived rather late, after watching a movie in a nearby town. We found the service prompt and friendly and the food good. We have only positive things to say about Carol's Garden.

1  Thank JV-NA-365
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stopped by Carol's Garden for breakfast. I usually stop there as it is there my doctor office. I always get an iced tea to go. This particular morning I asked for tea to go and the server just started raving about it will cost you extra and I told her I always get an iced tea to go and she said the other servers do what they want. I told her never mind and she brought one and said ok and started in again about not supposed to do that.

Then when I went to pay before I even handed the elderly man the slip, he started in on me like a dog about the tea I had was to be extra - I told him never mind and when he said they don't do that without charging $2.25 (which was an 8 oz. to go by the way), I told him, no biggie but I won't be back.

Instead of him chewing out a customer when all I did was ask for a tea to go, which is 90% water, he should re-train his servers to all be consistent. I don't know if my server, a younger girl with short shorts on is his girlfriend or what. I saw she had him cornered in the back and she was probably complaining about me wanting tea to go. Who knows. Don't see how places like this stay in business. No way to treat a customer just because they asked for something so menial.

2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were out shopping and stopped here for lunch. The interior is worn. Service was very friendly but the food was a mixed bag. My French Onion Soup was wonderful but my daughter's Greek Chicken Soup tasted like canned cream of chicken.

My salad was iceberg lettuce with an over-large bitter slice of cucumber and icebox tomato. The raspberry vinaigrette dressing was sweet and sticky. The chicken salad was plain but good, with bits of apple. My daughter enjoyed her croque monsieur sandwich but I thought the turkey tasted like leftover bird.