“Great family or singles Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream

Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Los Angeles, California
“Great family or singles Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Probably the nicest hotel in the city of Carol Stream. Great buffet on the weekend. Clean, comfortable and competent front desk staff. I loved their gym which was located in a medium-sized room with a TV, water, towels etc. I was able to use the treadmill without a wait. Lots of familes were in the indoor pool and jacuzzi. I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend and it was pretty busy there. I loved the fact that the pool was indoors. It wasn't too noisy except for some older guests shouting out to each other in the morning. I would stay here again. No doubt.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
It is always great to hear that we have met the expectations of our guests. I appreciate your detailed review of your stay with us and we look forward to your return. Thank you for your kind words, as well as for choosing our hotel.

(Also, great room tip you passed along for your fellow travelers who may be light sleepers.)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I were both here for five days on business. I understand that being a Holiday Inn may mean low expectations, but I'm fairly dissapointed in a couple of areas. for one thing the day we arrived, there was no shuttle bus. The next evening we needed a ride to the train station and the driver had called off. I asked for a ride to the mall the followng day and finally got one. As a published amenity on their site, it was spotty at best.

I finally got a day with no work and was kept awake by some sort of pounding all day. I finally gave in and went down to the pool to get in the hot tub and it was closed! I went to the bar and put a beer on my room tab and was chased out of the bar by the bartender who told me I had to pay cash. We definately put a card down for incidentals.

I travel a lot and im pretty understanding when theres a hiccup, but this was a chronically poor experience from start to finish.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay with us. It appears that we have missed a few opportunities to shine during your visit and for that I apologize. Our goal is to always exceed our guest’s expectations and usually seem to do a good job with that. If you have an opportunity, may I ask you to please contact me directly at the hotel so I can clarify some of your concerns and see how I can improve on this in the future? I can be reached at (630)665-3000 ext. 261. Again, I appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to speaking with you.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed here for one night. This was a normal Holiday Inn. There was no complimentary breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were perfect. The pool looked nice but we didn't swim. The room was clean and comfortable. The biggest problem which dropped this review down to a rating of only 3 was the air conditioning. We like the room on the cool side to sleep. We set the thermostat at 68 degrees (which was as low as it would go) and then went to bed. Four times during the night, I got up because I felt like I was suffocating. The temperature in the room was at 75 degrees each time. I'm not sure why the air didn't kick on. I probably should have complained but the night was over and we weren't staying again. So if you like a cool room to sleep in, you might not get it here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
I am pleased to hear how “clean & comfortable” your room was, specifically the bed & pillows. It is encouraging to hear that we are meeting the high standard set for Holiday Inn Hotels. Please know that even though a complimentary breakfast is not included with all rooms, we do offer several packages that have breakfast or other options available.

I would like to apologize to you for the difficulties you had with the air conditioning unit and that it did not respond properly when you tried to operate it. As you mentioned, notifying our staff of your situation during your stay (even in the middle of the night) may have allowed us to fix the problem while you were here.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Carol Stream. I hope we will see you again on a future trip through our area.
Amherst, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Room and bed was very comfortable and clean. No bed bugs. Stayed only one night using several rooms with several family members. Enjoyed our stay there, nothing to really complain about.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you for your business.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

The rooms was average. It was clean but the paint was sloppy and the whole place looked a bit tattered. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. It appears we have a few details to clear up with some painting issues, Thank You for bringing this to our attention. I am encouraged to hear that our staff and food were highlights of your stay. Every hotel offers similar items in there guestrooms, but we try to ensure that our staff exceeds our guests expectations, and it appears we met that goal. Our location is near several industrial parks, however Carol Stream offers multiple options for travelers as we are close to major expressways, surrounded by several restaurants, and shopping destinations. Our staff will gladly assist you in locating area attractions.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

I recently had my wedding at this hotel. The ceremony and reception were held in the tent and then the ballroom. The location is PERFECT, the hotel is very well kept and the prices were excellent. The package for our wedding included EVERYTHING and they gave us a great deal.

The staff? Not so much. It took weeks to get responses back from the "wedding coordinator" Debbie. She was very rude in them also. We had our rehearsal at the hotel the night before and she was talking to my stepped who was looking at her pictures in her office. She didn't know I stopped to ask a question when she said, "Well, I sure hope the marriage outlasts the wedding photos!" When she looked up, saw me, she just said, "oops!". She also told us that she would be there till at LEAST 10:00. She put another lady in charge without us knowing.

I was told to bring all my stuff the night before for them to put out on the tables and ceremony. I guess they decided to NOT decorate the ceremony for us and did not say anything. The ceremony got decorated 30 min prior to the start! When asked, they said it "Wasn't their job!"

I wrote to the GM and never recieved a response.

I would NOT recommend them if you are looking for a wedding location. Sure, the price is right but I guess you get the service you pay for.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hyperdog7
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
Thank you for sharing your opinions of our hotel...while we strive for excellence in the visits of all our guests, the only way we can continue to improve is with our customer’s feedback. While we believe our customer service is something that sets us apart in a positive direction, you clearly have had a different experience. I only wish you (and would encourage this to everyone else) had asked to speak to the individual’s supervisor if they feel they are getting poor service. That allows the management a chance to correct the situation, from the beginning...rather than after it is too late.

Again, thank you for your candid feedback and I hope you receive this message, as it appears that my previous attempts did not reach you.

Travellers are raving about these Carol Stream hotels

California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2010

"Upgraded" to a king bedded room. Woke to a freezing room. Complained about heating unit and was told there's a motion sensor that turns heat off if no movement in room. Second night heat blasted non-stop. Slept poorly

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JALL_517
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 18 January 2010
We have recently installed new HVAC units with digital energy efficient thermostats in our guestrooms. These thermostats are designed to detect both movement and body heat, to ensure they function to a guests settings while they sre in the room. I'd like to extend my apologies if our staff informed you incorrectly of how the units operate…and can understand why you would have set the unit higher to ensure you stayed warm your second night. We are providing all guests with operational instructions of the thermostats (As they are not your old fashion dials) to ensure that other guests do not have the same experience.

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carol Stream
Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!