“This Place Has Everything” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream

Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Houston, Texas
“This Place Has Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

I've reviewed this Hotel before, and It's still as good as it was before.

Exceptional Front Desk Staff.

This place has everything you'll need.

Very large, clean rooms with quiet thermostat controlled heat, and a large flat screen TV with lots of channels. Large work desk was nice, but could use a couple of electrical outlets. The Free Internet connection was fastand reliable.

The bed was clean and comfortable. Microwave and Fridge.

Large bathroom with good pressure and hot water.

The Breakfast is not free, but well worth the price. Great Buffet.

Well worth the return trip!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
It is always nice to hear that we are continuing to live up to our guests expectations. Thank you for your continued business, as well as for taking to time to review our hotel for a second time. Stating that our hotel “Has Everything" is wonderful to hear, and I will most certainly share your nice comments with our staff as they are the ones who are making the difference. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next "glowing" review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I stayed at his hotel for 5 days and I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel was spotless, the staff was friendly, and my room was spacious. My room was lovely and quiet - there was no noise from the hall nor from a wedding that was going on downstairs one evening. Wireless internet reception was flawless, the TV offered a wide range of channels, and I definitely put both the in-room mini-fridge and coffee maker to good use. The bed was comfortable, they give you a choice of soft or firm pillows, and once I got the hang of the thermostat, the temperature was just right within minutes.
The food in the hotel restaurant (Alberto's) was excellent. The breakfast buffet offered a large variety (with slight changes every day - more costly on weekends but still worth it), and lunch was way better than most hotel restaurants - with an imaginative and delicious menu.
I have to say that one of the best perks of his hotel is the shuttle, which will drive you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I used it daily - whether to get to/from the Wheaton train station or to go out in the evening for dinner - it added a degree of flexibility to my stay that I would not otherwise have had.
There are a few excellent pizza restaurants close by, that will deliver to the hotel. If you want to indulge in Chicago deep dish, stuffed, or thin crust pizza, it's easy to do so, and the delivery from the 2 pizza places I ordered from was prompt and friendly.
I'm going back to this hotel in a few weeks - I'm looking forward to another very comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words and very detailed account of your stay with us. It is nice to hear how our staff and services met your needs and made your stay so memorable. All of your remarks will be passed along to our staff. We look forward to your return in a few weeks and again, "Thank You!"
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and the staff was very helpful. We needed a very early check-in and they bent over backwards to accommodate us. The room was clean and comfortable. The pillows were great! Our tv reception wasn't very good--probably a loose connection somewhere. It would have been nice to have breakfast included.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
We always appreciate when a customer reinforces that we are providing great customer service, so "thank you" for that. I apologize that you had a reception issue with your television, and wish we knew during your visit to correct the problem. For you future travels to full service hotels (like Holiday Inn's), if you are looking for rates that include breakfast, just ask us. Most hotels offer packages...they will be a little more expensive than the base price, but there is usually value in these packages, especially with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our pillow selections, our ability to accommodate your needs for early check-in, and enjoyed your stay with us in a clean and comfortable room. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter's soccer team. Very nice hotel! Rooms were very spacious and clean - nicely decorated. They arranged a separate room for our team to have breakfast - this was very nice for the girl's to be able to sit together and not disturb other guests.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank psufdsci87
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent trip to our hotel. I am glad to see that not only our rooms shined, but our staff did as well. We believe service and cleanliness are the critical elements of a guest’s stay, so I am glad to see we scored well in your eyes. I hope your team did well, and we look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Maybe it has been too long since I have stayed in a Holiday Inn but it was way too much money for what we got. We got a Junior Suite when we were staying there for a convention. The hotel scattered us around the hotel. Our friends were completely in a different area. And there was no continental breakfast! And the buffet was $12.50/person and that was much. Not to mention the hotel is really far from the interstate. Never staying here again unless I have to!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I do appreciate your high marks on service and cleanliness, but wish we could have shown you more value to your stay. I would like to offer a couple suggestions that may help if a future trip will bring you our way.

First, our hotel offers several different room types to meet the price points, and needs of our different travelers. (Based on these different room types, this most likely is the reason your group may have appeared spread out through the hotel as well.) While our Junior Suites are very nice, our standard rooms offer almost the same amenities, with just a little less space.

A second suggestion might be to see if our menu offers specifically what you are looking for at breakfast, versus our complete buffet. The buffet offers numerous selections including a cooked to order egg station, so it is generally more expensive than a specific menu item, but still a great value for what you receive.

Again, thank you for your comments, your high marks on our service and cleanliness, and I do hope that we will see you again.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel has the nicest staff, the cleanest rooms, really convenient check out and Alberto's which has one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had! There are also lots of choices not far away for dining and entertainment. I always look forward to my stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Hearing we have the "nicest staff, cleanest rooms, and best breakfast buffets" are very high compliments, and words that I will ensure our staff hears of. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers and we look forward to taking care of you again in the future.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had a package rate that included $11 for breakfast. I sat down one morning, the waiter came over, and I told him I was having the breakfast buffet. He was holding a carafe of orange juice and asked if I'd like some. I said I'd like half a glass, and that's what he poured. I was charged $4.18 for that half glass of OJ and when I spoke to the manager, he said that OJ wasn't included in the buffet. I explained that it had been offered to me after I told the waiter I was having the buffet, but he wouldn't budge. I complained to the front desk and they wouldn't budge either. It's not the 4 bucks, it's the sneaky way they did it. And you know what? I would never have posted this here but for a slip of paper in my bill envelope that asked me to. If you're having the buffet, beware the OJ (a full glass is $6).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your restaurant experience with fellow travelers. I apologize that you feel we did not properly explain what items are included and not include with our breakfast buffet. Our hotel offers several packages, some that include breakfast credits, as well as rates that do not. For those guests who choose packages that include the breakfast credits, it allows our guest the flexibility to choose what they would like for breakfast, from our daily buffets and menu selections, to room service if they so desire. The credit is applied to their meal and the guest will cover any additional costs, if there are any. While we do offer certain juices and coffee with our weekday breakfast buffet, the fresh squeezed Tropicana Orange Juice that you mentioned is an additional item.

Again, my apologies that this was not properly explained to you and we will certainly address this with our servers; we are always striving to improve our service, so your sharing this comment with us is extremely valuable.

I hope that if your travels bring you to our area again that we will have the pleasure of having you again as our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carol Stream
Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!