“A great family restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant is located in Carol Stream so you're never far away from having a great meal and a great time. After 16 years of service in Carol Stream we have defined ourselves as the premier "Neighborhood Eatery"! All our food is prepared fresh with the highest quality ingredients.​We have a menu that will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites, from classic dishes to our very own signature entrees and appetizers. Enjoy your meal in our dinning room at a table, booth, or dine outdoors on our garden patio.
Lombard
“A great family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have eaten at the Village Tavern & Grill many times over the last 3 years. We feel that it is a great family restaurant with a nice menu. The service and food are very good. At times, it is very busy, however, the servers hustle to get things done.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grandpa35805

Bartlett, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for a beer and some good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My girlfriend and I went here last week. Service was great! Our waitress Laura was very helpful suggesting what we should order. We ordered the reuben and steakhouse wrap and the chicken finger appetizer. Food was great! Best reuben sandwich I've ever had, and the chicken fingers are just as good as I was told they were! We will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank footballplaya4747
Bloomingdale, Illinois, United States
“Absolutely disgusted with level of customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I wouldn't even rate them 1 star but that isn't an option.
I have been here on and off for years and they have never had great customer service. The company that I work at usually place carryout orders and each time, they are wrong. Well, a few months ago we ordered carryout and the order was completely wrong. We called and complained that very day and they said that they will issue us a credit for our 2 taco salads and we can use them on our next order. Well, we were all fearful of ordering from there again but we placed an order in July and guess what, they messed up the order again and then told me that I couldn't use my credit because I needed the date and the name that the carryout was under. I politely said that I will pay for this order, get the information asked of me and try 1 more time.
Just yesterday, we decided to order carryout for our final try with them. I had the information asked of me and was asked to get more information. Well, the credit was not issued, yet again. Why? Well, I gave the settled date and not the actual purchased date. I dealt with them multiple times and went around and around with the gal over there and when we went to pick up the order, no credit was issued. On top of that, our order was messed up AGAIN! I finally spoke to the gal again and she said that she would issue the credit for 2 taco salads which comes to roughly $18 and some odd change. Well, today she calls me and tells me that their records don't even show that we ordered taco salads that very first order and that there won't be a credit issued. At this point I'm sickened with the customer service there. As a manager of customer service myself, this is appalling to me! Even if your records don't state it I would have thought by the 2x after the first time when the orders were messed up, as recently as the very day this is all going on, I would've credited my customer, especially for the inconvenience and false promise.
I will say that the gal that I spoke to should have had her boss call me, but they didn't. I advised that there will be at least 50 people that used to go there for lunches, after work drinks, etc and they are no longer clients. I guess that's not a big deal to them and the $18 and some odd change is worth losing all of that. We will never give that company another cent. Sad.

• Visited September 2013
Irving, Texas
“Not recommended for families with infants”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I came with my husband, mom and 3 month old baby. We were seated near the bar. It was super noisy as there was a match going on and surprisingly we were the only ones seated there when the receptionist (greeter) could have taken us to a much quieter place like how she did to other customers inspite of knowing we had a sleeping baby. We felt discriminated. Food was average; ordered the chicken fingers (dont know whats so world famous about it), Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Diablo and BBQ chicken. The main entrees came with sides like soups or salad. The soup was good. However lots of cheese were added to Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Diablo. But one thing good was that our waitress gave a good service. This restaurant is recommended for bachelors, youngsters, wanting to sip alcohol and not families especially having kids. Its too noisy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
“food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

It is so dark in there, you can hardley even see the Menu. I do not like the batter that is used for the fried shrimp and fish. The service that I had was very good

• Visited August 2013