“This was unbelievably awful!!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Caseyville
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The young man at the desk when we came in was very nice and very helpful. However, he could not have been more that 16 or 17. When we got in our room and got comfortable, my wife went into the bathroom and found ants crawling on the floor. We asked the young man to come in and spray for bugs and he did. He even came in and tried to vacuum them up. We chose to stay in the room thinking things had been taken care of. I was wrong.
During the night my mother in law said she found a bug in the bathroom and my wife said she saw 2 or 3 more bugs. In the morning I found a bug in the bathroom and took a picture of it. I also took a picture of all the roach droppings. I went and talked with the woman who was at the desk. She came in and saw what I was talking about and she was very embarrassed. The owner was not able to be contacted but she assured me that he would make this right. As of right now that has not been done.
I am very disappointed in this hotel. If you choose to stay in this hotel, I would recommend you take a good look in the cabinets where the food for breakfast is kept.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a cross-country drive, and had a nice stay! The room was clean and well-maintained. The hotel is conveniently located in relation to the highway, and easy to get to. We were really in the area to visit St. Louis. The hotel was quite removed from the downtown area (which accounts for the lower prices, and also made us feel a little safer), but it was easy to get into St. Louis using the metro system. There's a "park-n-ride" about a mile from the hotel, where you can park your car for free and then take the metro directly into the city quickly and easily (although watch your pockets... like most big cities, this one has pickpockets in it, too!).

There is a Cracker Barrel and a couple fast-food places located near the hotel, as well as a gas station and mini-mart (and I do mean MINI) that shares the hotel parking lot.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, no-frills place to crash while visiting St. Louis, the hotel is a good choice!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Me, my girlfriend, and 3 year old son stayed in this hotel last night and regret it completely. We chose this hotel based on a discount option we had, bad choice. We checked in around 9pm, the check in itself went smoothly. We got into our room and set our bags down, the reservation we made said the room had a king bed with an extra fold out bed. All we seen was a couch, so we figured it was a fold out, moved a couch cushion to check and our 3 yr old picks up a Playboy magazine that was under the cushion. While this was somewhat disturbing, we were able to laugh it off. My girlfriend took it down to the front desk and the clerk just said "oh thats gross" and not much more. We start getting settled into the room and start noticing that there are alot of things broken in the room. For example, the toilet paper holder was broke and would fall apart everytime you tried to get some tp. The door stop behind the main door had been busted and pushed in through the drywall, which then allowed the bottom of the door to knock a hole in the wall as well. There also appeared to be spilled wax across the floor and part of the way up the wall. The walls themselves had several brown and black stains in the bathroom and around the sink. There were also stains of some sort on the bed skirt. Most of these things we didnt notice until this morning when we woke up, as last night we pretty much went to bed after getting checked in and finding the magazine. Had we looked around more last night, we would have found a different hotel based simply on the lack of cleanliness. To top off the stay, we were awoken just a little after 7am this morning to the sound of running water. We both thought first that our 3 yr old had woke up and went to turn on the bath faucet, but then we noticed he was still sleeping between us. I got out of bed, went into the bathroom to see water pouring in around the little heat lamp thing they have in the ceiling. My girlfriend called down to the front desk to them about it and all they said was "ok thanks". After a few minutes of water still running into our bathroom she went downstairs to talk to the clerk face to face. He told her that someone probably forgot to close the shower curtain all the way. By the time she got back to our room, the water had started to slow down, but I had already filled 2 ice buckets with water plus the water that was standing in the floor. I went down to the lobby, there was nobody around so I stood and waited for almost 10 minutes before the clerk came walking in from the back room. I told him what room I was in and the problem, he told me "yeah i just took care of that". I asked if he had cleaned up the water or got it to stop leaking, he said no, that the people in the room above us had overflowed their tub the night before. Well that isn't taking care of the problem, the problem was us not being able to use our bathroom. We had no idea if it was 'clean' water coming in or if it was from a toilet or what. Finally after seeing the guy wasn't going to do anything, I asked for some towels and had to clean up the mess myself just so we could take a shower and use the toilet.
After the magazine incident, the clerk had told us the manager would be there at 11pm that night and we could take it up with him. Well he never showed up. After the leak incident, the clerk told us the manager was supposed to be there at 7am.(it was around 8am at this point) We have no idea what time the manager showed up, when we checked out at 9:45am he had yet to make it there. In the meantime we had called the corporate phone number, they then called the hotel, they then tried calling the manager's emergency cell phone number and he had it turned off. In the end, corporate said they would mail us a refund check which we will receive in 4-6 weeks, but I will never stay at this particular hotel again. The rooms(at least the one we were in) was dirty and poorly maintained and the customer service was all but non-existent. Save yourself the trouble and hassle and find another place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I know we mistakenly left a make up bag there.It upsets me terribly that I called to speak with them 2 times and I got a run around each time I called. They never returned the calls. The breakfast was free, but who can eat it? The biscuits were hard as rocks. There were not enough chairs for your family to stay in the dining area. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Angieein
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I checked in at 10:30 in the evening on a Saturday night. I had a king suite, non-smoking. The desk clerk was friendly and professional. The lobby seemed clean, though dated. The hotel is in need of some updating. The elevator is located at the extreme far end of the building - not a great design. The day had been very warm. The a/c in the room was off. The room was unbearably hot. One of the sinks was not clean. The sitting room of the suite offered a sofa in need of cleaning, an end table and lamp pushed against a far wall and a few wall mounted lamps that were in odd positions. No table, no chairs to be found. As the a/c was in the badroom, it was clear this room might be cool in the morning, but not before. I moved on. You might consider the same.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Booksforsale
Reviewed 11 August 2011

It is not possible to list all of the ways this place is awful! Should not be a Choice Hotel listing! Filthy dirty, one towel in bathroom, holes in the bedspread made from who-knows-what. I asked for an extra pillow because we were missing ours in the room and I swear they gave me one off their bed in a colored case that was beyond gross. Also had something nasty splattered all over the wall and back of the room door. We stay in numerous hotels for pleasure and with my husband's business. This is the absolute worst place that we have ever stayed. I usually don't do reviews, but this was so bad that I'm writing this to spare someone else this nasty experience. Make your reservations somewhere else! The one positive I will end on is that there is a very polite young man who worked the front desk. I feel sorry for him if this is his family's business and he's stuck there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cathy F
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Immediately dissatisfied with our room. Towel bar broken and just hanging there. Sink faucet barely worked. Toilet was uneven. Huge dents in walls that looked like a two year old tried to repair them. A man was inside the garbage dump going through the garbage in the back of the building. The "heated" pool was too cold to swim in and when we asked the front desk about it, they said "the pool isn't heated - the pool room is heated".
The only reason we stayed is the beds were comfortable and the linens appeared clean. Outrageously priced for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PCB2011

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!