“Disasterous Vacation start”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Caseyville
“Disasterous Vacation start”
Reviewed 7 October 2006

The lobby looked very nice and we thought the chain must have a reputation to maintain. When we got to our room we were appalled. My husband fixed the chair so I could sit on it. Table legs so wobbly my grandson didn't even set up his x-box. We stayed only 1 night of course and moved across the river to St. Louis for the rest of the week. In looking over the bills on the way home I discovered a $1.00 charge for security. The only security we saw was the police arresting some people across the street. Everyone slept on top of the bed in our clothes. We did not eat the breakfast after seeing how they cleaned their rooms. We now call it Quality Less Inns.

• Liked — We were tired after driving all day and there was a bed
  • Disliked — bathroom, grimy rugs, ashes in no smoking room,many people hanging in lobby not staying
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte
Reviewed 8 August 2006

Was in town for wedding with family using 8 rooms. Whole hotel had an odor from smoke to a moldy, musty smell and possibly cat urine. Rooms were big but not the cleanest. Towels and bed linens worn and shabby. Toilet in our room overflowed numerous times. Would not stay here again....Exit 12 on 64 seemed to have nicer and newer hotels. Try them.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Overall a poor hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank dorbill

Travellers are raving about these Caseyville hotels

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2006

We stayed at this hotel recently for a family funeral due to its convenient location off I-64. The suite rooms are spacious and provide the convenience of 2 separate rooms. But they are barely decorated, feeling very plain and looking sort of cheap.

Towels in the room were dingy, thin and well-worn. Housekeeping did not replace an empty kleenex box despite the fact that I left it out on the counter for them to see.

Breakfast was pretty good - waffles, cereal, bagels...but, milk for the cereal was a full gallon of whole milk in a small refrigerator, could have used some lower fat options. The breakfast area is off the main lobby and could be more beneficial if it were made larger (6-7 tables for two).

Front desk check-in was fine, had no problem with our pre-paid reservation. Would probably seek out one of the other nearby options next time.

• Stayed July 2006
Reviewed 8 June 2004

We decided to try the Quality Inn based on the two reviews posted on this site. We were going to a baseball game and wanted an inexpensive, clean place to sleep for the night with easy access to the stadium. I made our reservations a good month in advance for one night. Because of the one review, I decided to confirm our reservations about a week before our trip. Good thing! Like the other reviewer, they could not find our reservation. I even gave them our confirmation number and after being put on hold for quite some time, was told that the confirmation number was unfamiliar to them (???). After about 10 minutes, they finally found us (they had completely mispelled our name). I asked them what good is a confirmation number? They also had us down for 2 nights instead of 1. We had the same hassle when we arrived to check in. They couldn't find us in the system - finally did, and charged our card. They told us our room would be ready when we returned from the game. Wrong! Once again we were told we didn't have a reservation (this was after the game around midnight). These people are incredibly unaccomodating. They couldn't have cared less whether we had a room or not, as long as they had our money. After I got rather upset with him, he finally found us in the system and gave us a key. The room appeared to be okay until we pulled back the comforter. All the sheets were disheveled and pulled out from under the mattress. I don't think the beds were ever made! We called down to get an extra blanket and pillow for one of the kids to sleep on the floor and were told they didn't have any extra sheets, blankets or pillows. Quite hard to believe. We heard other people complaining the next morning of no hot water for a shower (the hotel staff explained that they turn the hot water off during certain times in the morning!). The continental breakfast was a joke - the kids said the few doughnuts they did have were hard as rocks. We walked next door to McDonalds.

On the upside, it was located only a few minutes away from the Metra-Link. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. Next time I'm using Hotwire. It's worth a few extra bucks to get good service and a clean room!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2004

I arrived on Valentine's Day, after reserving a suite several days in advance with a credit card and receiving a confirmation number, to find that my suite had been given away! After no apology was given, I was informed that they thought they were given a bogus phone number by me so they didn't keep my room. The odd thing is that they waited until the evening that I arrivved to decide my number was bogus. By the way, my number was not incorrect and I had my phone with me the entire time that I was traveling. I was then told that a lessor room was available (for full price of course) if I needed it. Fortunately I found a room somewhere else. Since these people do not understand customer service, you may want to make sure they understand the reservation process should you decide to stay!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 May 2003

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Caseyville over the Memorial Day weekend. We were going to a Cardinals game, and decided to stay outside of St. Louis to avoid all of the hustle and bustle of the city. The rooms were nice and clean, and it was a quiet place to stay. Best of all, it was convenient to Interstate 64 and to the Metrolink, which made traveling to the ballgame a breeze. I would highly recommend this place for someone looking for decent room at a decent price.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caseyville
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 11 in Collinsville
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Super 8 O'Fallon
Super 8 O'Fallon
#5 of 12 in O'Fallon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!