All reviewshoulihan's restaurantstarbucks coffeeassembly hallgreat hotelresearch parksouth endi highly recommend this hotelshuttle servicecontinental breakfast isin towncomfortable bedsmodern hotelchampaign urbana areafootball stadiumstate farmwedding receptionfront desk staff
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I travel frequently for work, but stay at the "I" when I visit family in the area. Service at this hotel is exemplary. I feel that the staff would do anything I ask. They are always bending over backwards. The quality of the rooms - especially the beds - are outstanding. The vibe is Sean Connery James Bond. The place just oozes class. My wife would strangle me if I suggested staying anywhere else in Champaign.

Room Tip: I like looking out over the main road where you can see more of the college life going on around you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at my fair share of hotels while traveling for work and this is one of my favorites. The staff in each department are so friendly, attentive, and courteous and they always have the biggest smiles! The hotel is stylish and it feels like home. Everyone slept great as we were all well rested in the morning. I recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure since it's in a great location. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked here without reading reviews and once settled in checked in TA and was very surprised to see the high ratings, here is my review

Public areas, very nice and quite stylish, bar restaurant food was ok but service was really inattentive, lots of staff floating about but took a manager to ask if we had been served, no we've been ignored by all the milling staff so far ......

Basics here are done quite well, bed comfy, wifi good, but shower seemed to have two settings, either too hot or too cold.

Room is just odd, seems to be trying too hard to be stylish but really badly finished, all electrical fittings are at odd angles and switches in odd places, difficult to turn lights off from bed for instance. Bathroom feels clinical due to subway tiles and excess stainless handles (4 in bath) for some reason and no soft furnishings. Closet has a waste height shelf meaning clothes rack is at floor level and you have to get to the safe on your knees. You step out of the shower and have to walk across the hall to the strange shelf just to get a towel, all a bit bizarre.

The thing that really made me smile was the typical 'we are committed to the environment' note when the hotel has an open gas flame at the entrance ..... Many other hotels have the sign to save laundry costs but I've never seen a hotel so blatantly saying one thing and doing another.

Really wasn't impressed with this place all in all, undeserving and pretty average currently.

Rob

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OmanRob
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here on the recommendation of family who live close by who we were visiting. Chic feel when we walked in. Manager introduced himself and offered us water which we actually needed. Easy check in. Got coupons for some thing from their "I-cafe" for the morning which was nice. Room also has chic feel and was nice. Comfy bed and cool glass door for shower. We liked the room had a fridge which we needed for the infants milk. Used the gym which was basic but exactly what I needed with decent equipment. Also nice little touch having several papers available for free at front desk each day. Ate breakfast at houilhans (restaurant on site) only $8.98 on weekends and was good for what we needed. Easy check out. Great value and would definitely come back.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I recently toured the Midwest with my son on a college tour trip. We were originally scheduled to stay in Madison, WI, but realized that our college tour for U of I was early the next morning. I jumped on my computer and found this gem of a hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a hotel in the middle of Urbana-Champaign. It was sleek and modern. Service was excellent. They had a free shuttle to U of I which made it very convenient. If my son is lucky enough to get into U of I, this will definitely be my go to hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family