All reviewshoulihan's restaurantstarbucks coffeeassembly hallgreat hotelresearch parksouth endi highly recommend this hotelshuttle servicecontinental breakfast isin towncomfortable bedsmodern hotelchampaign urbana areafootball stadiumstate farmwedding receptionfront desk staff
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I try to stay in the i-hotel every trip we make to Champaign. It is always clean which is essential for me. It is quiet. The staff is always courteous. The fitness room is clean and easy to use. The lobby is comfortable as well. I really can't come up with anything negative and I am very picky about my choice of hotels!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The I hotel is a beautiful facility in a great location. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the champaign area for any reason.

We went for an Illini basketball game and the front desk staff could not have between more informative and friendly.

Rooms are decorated in a tasteful modern decor and beds are very comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I travel frequently for work, but stay at the "I" when I visit family in the area. Service at this hotel is exemplary. I feel that the staff would do anything I ask. They are always bending over backwards. The quality of the rooms - especially the beds - are outstanding. The vibe is Sean Connery James Bond. The place just oozes class. My wife would strangle me if I suggested staying anywhere else in Champaign.

Room Tip: I like looking out over the main road where you can see more of the college life going on around you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at my fair share of hotels while traveling for work and this is one of my favorites. The staff in each department are so friendly, attentive, and courteous and they always have the biggest smiles! The hotel is stylish and it feels like home. Everyone slept great as we were all well rested in the morning. I recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure since it's in a great location. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked here without reading reviews and once settled in checked in TA and was very surprised to see the high ratings, here is my review

Public areas, very nice and quite stylish, bar restaurant food was ok but service was really inattentive, lots of staff floating about but took a manager to ask if we had been served, no we've been ignored by all the milling staff so far ......

Basics here are done quite well, bed comfy, wifi good, but shower seemed to have two settings, either too hot or too cold.

Room is just odd, seems to be trying too hard to be stylish but really badly finished, all electrical fittings are at odd angles and switches in odd places, difficult to turn lights off from bed for instance. Bathroom feels clinical due to subway tiles and excess stainless handles (4 in bath) for some reason and no soft furnishings. Closet has a waste height shelf meaning clothes rack is at floor level and you have to get to the safe on your knees. You step out of the shower and have to walk across the hall to the strange shelf just to get a towel, all a bit bizarre.

The thing that really made me smile was the typical 'we are committed to the environment' note when the hotel has an open gas flame at the entrance ..... Many other hotels have the sign to save laundry costs but I've never seen a hotel so blatantly saying one thing and doing another.

Really wasn't impressed with this place all in all, undeserving and pretty average currently.

Rob