“Modern, spotless hotel on the outskirts of Champaign”

I Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Met my family here over Christmas break. It's an unexpectedly nice hotel, comparable looks & comfort-wise to places I've stayed in New York. Beautiful lobby, well-appointed rooms, great breakfast options in the morning. The hotel's location is its only downside—it's situated on the edge of campus, in the middle of a bunch of football stadium parking & you can't walk to any restaurants or shopping (I suppose if you were in town for a football game the location would be great).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank theholidaygirl

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here when I fell ill on our way home to Chicago. The staff was accommodating and efficient. The room was clean and spacious. Perks:
---the bed was incredibly comfortable
---the hotel was quiet
---it was easy to adjust the temperature in the room.
---the shower head was a great height (my husband is 6'5) and the water pressure was perfect.
---free breakfast is offered
---there is starbucks coffee available in the room.
---the spa services are reasonably priced and higher quality
---you can't beat the price - $109
---great newspapers are available at concierge --- Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, New York Times, etc.

I would highly recommend this excellent hotel to any in the Champaign area. We will be returning whenever we are in central Illinois!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

So this is not a 5 star posh boutique hotel, but for what I paid for one night, it's probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in terms of functionality, style, and comfort.

Check in was super easy, and front desk clerks were very helpful with getting our things into the hotel from the cold Central Illinois wind. The lobby is super clean and modern, yet very welcoming with a cozy fireplace where we sat with our six year old and read before bedtime!

Once into the room, we were impressed with the comfort of the bed, and the quality of the shower and sink area. I was most impressed that that HDTV actually had an HD signal. So many hotels have HDTVs what are fed with SD programmings. Not the I Hotel.

I was also impressed with the free tote and the availability of soft cotton robes. Also great was the free breakfast availability at the café in the lobby. We got a free breakfast item and drink with the ticket provided at check in. I really enjoyed my breakfast sandwich, and my wife's scone was good. My son was happy with the cereal provided. The Starbucks coffee hit the spot as well.

Only complaints were the lack of a fan in the bathroom and the spotty internet.

If you're going to C-U, there are several 'ok' hotels that are in the same price range as the I. Don't settle for 'ok.' Stay at the I. You'll have a nice view of the Assembly Hall, and great stay at a super nice, modern hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank macon_volfan
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Very modern and nice accommodations. We booked a king room for a wedding. We called a couple days before for an early check-in (only one hour early) since we had to change clothes before. When we arrived, they had reserved a two double bed room for early check-in even though we reserved the king. No solutions or remedies even offered. Basically told take it or leave it and check-in later!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Natalie G, Director of Sales at I Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

I'm sorry to here of your negative experience at check-in. If you would like to share your name, we will note experience in your profile and ensure you are placed in the room type of your choice on your next visit. Our staff has been informed of your comment and we will be more accurate when guaranteeing early check-in to guests in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed at hotels ranging from motel 6 to four seasons and I have yet to see a hotel whose design was as well thought out as the I hotel. From the trivial checkin process (I gave him my id and he gave me the keys), to the retractable cord on the iron, to the lack of a stupid "ad page" when I log on to the internet, to the location of a single switch next to the bed to kill the lights - i could go on - Everything shows a clear mark of a thought and care driven design process. My only regret is that my stay was only one night. I should come back here to stay much, much longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I try to stay in the i-hotel every trip we make to Champaign. It is always clean which is essential for me. It is quiet. The staff is always courteous. The fitness room is clean and easy to use. The lobby is comfortable as well. I really can't come up with anything negative and I am very picky about my choice of hotels!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The I hotel is a beautiful facility in a great location. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the champaign area for any reason.

We went for an Illini basketball game and the front desk staff could not have between more informative and friendly.

Rooms are decorated in a tasteful modern decor and beds are very comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
3 mi away
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#14 of 25 in Champaign

Been to I Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!