“Bartender...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I arrived at Old Chicago traveling by myself. The hostess was really nice. I explained I was just going to sit at the bar, so she led me to the bar area. Upon sitting down, the bartender was nice as could be until I ordered a water. Her attitude did a COMPLETE turn around. She was unfriendly, when I placed my order she didn't even ask me how I wanted my burger cooked. I had to flag her down to even get an iced tea. She does not represent the brand well. Won't go back there again! Maybe they should reach their bartenders some people skills since they are in the service industry!!!

OC_Champaign, Owner at Old Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thanks so much for the feedback. I apologize for your recent experience with my bartender. I have addressed the issues with all of my managers and the entire staff. Hopefully this will not happen again in the future.

Thanks for your patients,

Tom
Owner

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This has become one of our favorite sports bars in town. Being displaced Packer fans we had to find somewhere to watch games not being played on local TV. As much as I like this place, recently the corporation changed the pizza serving trays. They are now wire ranks and I can't stand them. Over all this is a nice place.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

50% of the food we wanted to order they were out of on a Saturday night between 9:00 & 9;30 p.m. There were a total of 4 in our party. After our visit 2 people became ill. Our server, Justin, was very attentive and good.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had their version of Chicago style deep dish pizza and were a bit disappointed in that the pizza was thick crusted but not a true deep dish pizza that you would get in Chicago. There is a great selection of beer at this restaurant. Plus point: it wasn't crowded and our server was very attentive and nice.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was a very good restaurant. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her "Oh My Spaghetti Pie". My Chicago Seven Stromboli was good but was more dough than other ingredients. We had a great time and would return. It was my wife's birthday and they brought her a big choclate chip cookie with ice cream.