“I think it's great!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm not sure why there seem to be mostly okay reviews for this place. A few days ago we stopped there for the 2nd time while in Champaign, and I thought the pizza was so good the first time that I ordered it again this time. My husband also ordered the same thing! I got an individual size thin crust cheese pizza with extra cheese and it's a great pizza. Hubby got the double mushroom swiss burger again. This thing is huge. My child got the pepperoni rolls and gives them a "9" on a scale of 1-10. The first time we were there our server was Josh, and he was fantastic. I used to be a waitress, so I always appreciate and tip good wait staff. I asked him questions about different things on the menu, and he was able to answer confidently. He refilled our drinks without being asked to. Checked on us multiple times. Just great service. Our waitress the second time wasn't so hot, but we will for sure be eating here again.

2  Thank sumsmom

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I have completed our first beer tour and are on our 2nd one. We recently stopped by for dinner and ordered beers and a pizza. The waitress came back and told us both of our beers were out. Disappointed that they were on the specials we asked what else would be similar, she couldn't say any thing but I can bring you a sample. The people who worked here a year ago we very helpful, informed and knowledgable. Seems like the new management is not so up to date. We have been in other old Chicago restaurants and the servers at least know what beers they are getting low on and seem more knowledgeable. If this was my first experience in this restaurant, I'd think twice about going back. I think they should take a good look at the management and servers in this location.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I got to say, this place used to be our favorite place to go to. We have completed our first World Beer Tour last year. We haven't been there in a while due to the change over in bar crew. My wife and I ordered each a different beer. The waitress had no clue as to the beer we were ordering when asked. I had a question on a new beer that I hadn't had yet. All she could offer was to give me a sample. Sorry, but if you are promoting a place with over 110 beers, then the help should be a little more knowledgable on what you are selling. Guess I'll give them another 6-8 months before I return to see if they get things up to speed like they were 2 years ago.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This location used to be an Uno's, and Old Chicago has similar menu items at a similar price point. We arrived rather late at night, so there was a skeleton crew. It was one of the few restaurants still open. Food was what you'd expect. We ordered brewskis and a couple of appetizers to split. The nachos had plenty of cheese, and the buffalo chicken strips were a good choice, too. Had to ask for silverware, but in all fairness, there were only a handful of employees on the late shift, cheerfully performing multiple jobs. It is what it is, and if you like Uno's, you'll probably like this.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We had a party of more than 50 after a competition at this restaurant. The staff was attentive and polite. Food did take a little bit of time. We were great fun they were able to accommodate us on a busy night. Pizza had a crispy crust with good cheese and tangy sauce. Salad was OK.