“Great breakfast but cold”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Illinois
“Great breakfast but cold”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I love the restaurant and food but at times the food at breakfast can be a little on the cool side but this morning it was downright cold. Mine must have been finished first and sat around for them to finish everyone else's in my group.

At night the food is extremely hot but not so for breakfast.

• Visited August 2013

Mahomet, Illinois
“The BEST”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I LOVE this restaurant in a town of so many Mexican restaurants. The service makes you feel like part of their family and their Chiles Poblanos taste like the ones I had in New Mexico when I lived there. A large restaurant who can accommodate large groups in a separate room helps too.

Visited July 2013
Illinois
“Great service - food just so-so”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our waitress was very good at keeping our table stocked with chips and salsa and refilling our drinks while we waited for our food to arrive. The meals were large, but there was an undefinable taste in two of the meals at our table. We decided it was the cheese, since those were the only two meals with melted cheese on them. The restaurant itself looks very inviting, but because of the cheese issue, I'm not sure we would eat here again.

Henderson, Nevada
“Service was terrible”
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

the service was awful. We would ask for more chips and got more salsa instead. We would ask for more guacamole and got chips instead. The waiter did not understand what was happening with our group. I received no beans and rice with my meal even though it clearly states on the menu that it comes with it. I asked for my beans and rice however it never showed up. The food was just okay but the margaritas were good and the music was fun. Probably won't be back unless I have to.

Urbana, Illinois
“Terrible Service - Drive to the Urbana location instead!!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have had two bad experiences in a row at this location. The first time was with a large group after a baseball tournament. We stopped for breakfast, and it was terrible! Food was served to part of the group and the rest of us didn't get our meals until the others were done eating! We decided to stop here again last weekend after another baseball game...for lunch this time. Everyone received their meal except for me! I finally asked the waitress to box up my meal to go because everyone was ready to leave.... and when she brought it to me, it was not what I ordered. The approached the owner and asked him to take it off of our check because I didn't want it, which he did...but I never received a SORRY from the owner or the waitress! They won't get my business in Champaign again. I prefer Toro Loco in Urbana anyway...it might be the same owners, but at least they are friendly in Urbana and never mess up an order!!!