“Cheap and clean, but smokey.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Champaign

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Champaign
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a bad experience. My room smelled like mold my bed was not comfortable, when I layed down I began to itch. My floor was damp, the whole carpeted area was damp. Why, Idk why.. I came back to my room, to find my slippers were damp as if they were dropped in water, and wrung out. I was changed to another room, that also smelled of mold. I asked for another and the room was the room with the lesser of the two mold smelling. I felt all was good until I sat on a seat and was bit by something as soon as I jumped up I saw a spider crawl from under the chair. I retook my shower prayed, and just fell asleep because I felt that that was as good of a room as I was going to get out of this hotel. Again BAD experience. I will beg my company not to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

BaymontChampaign, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We're very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We take all guest feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments. Please know that we will share them with our staff. It's important to us that our guests are comfortable during their stay and clearly we could have done more if we had known you were unsatisfied with your room. We hope you and your company will consider giving our hotel another chance.

Much Appreciated,
The Management Team
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Our rooms were clean and well supplied with extra towels coffee etc. The people at the front desk were eager to please. Breakfast was plentiful.. Juices consisted of orange, apple and cranberry juice. I mixed apple and cranberry and really enjoyed it. scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy was available but I personally don't eat the gravy. Cereals were plentiful 3 or 4 choices plus hot oatmeal. Bagels, cream cheese, English muffins and bread for toast were also available. Fresh fruit.. Apples, oranges and bananas.
My husband and I prefer to stay at Baymont Inns when available as we know we will have a clean room and a good breakfast. We checked out Monday morning, and ended up going back Monday nite to spend the night.. We were approx. 25 miles away and decided to go back and spend another night since we knew what we had but didn't know what we were going to get!! We will be traveling again in August and already know where we are going to stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow! Thanks for the great review! We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We've received many compliments on our complimentary breakfast, especially with the addition of our hot biscuits and gravy, eggs and omelets. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Champaign in August!

Much Appreciated,
The Baymont Management Team
Travellers also viewed these Champaign hotels
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Wingate By Wyndham Champaign
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign

Property: Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign
Address: 302 W Anthony Dr, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61822-1216
Region: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Champaign
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign 2*
Baymont Inn & Suites offers the best combination of amenities and price for travelers seeking a comfortable, convenient hotel at a reasonable rate. Our amenities including: Queen and King Plush Pillow Top Mattresses, Baymont Breakfast Corner an extended complementary breakfast including Hot Belgian Waffles, Free Wireless Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Complimentary USA Today, Over 60 TV Cable Channels & Showtime, In-Room Coffee Maker, Refrigerator & Microwave in all rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn And Suites Champaign / Urbana