“WORST HOTEL EVER!”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“WORST HOTEL EVER!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I don't know how this hotel has a 3 out of 5 because this was honestly the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. The carpets were badly stained with brown spots throughout our room and hallways, the towels had holes and felt more like sand paper (I would guess they have never been replaced), they didn't provide any amenities (not even shampoo), the bed quilt was older than I am and had multiple holes and looked like it has never been washed, and the heater didn't work so we were freezing all night. The location of the hotel is in the middle of corn fields and is by far the farthest hotel from the city of Champaign. DO NOT stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ckam21
Natalie L, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Hello,

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your hotel stay. If you could respond to my email account I would be happy to look into getting you some sort of compensation.

I would like to inform you that we do offer Guest Amentities such as Sereno Spa Bath Soap, Sereno Spa Hand Soap, Sereno Spa Shampoo in all guest rooms. Available at the Front Desk we also offer Irons, Ironing Boards, Hairdryers, Toothbrush/Toothpaste, Deodorant, Complimentary Newspaper (while supplies last) and other supplies.

The hotel has recently completed having the carpets professionally cleaned in all guestrooms and public areas. We are working with a new vendor who supplies all the linens for the hotel to upgrade the linen options in all guest rooms.

Thank you for your feedback and review. This information was helpful.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
KENTUCKY
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I was worried about staying at this hotel because of the previous guys review-but the staff was nice to me. I stayed four nights, got a good rate. I was in town on business and used this hotel because it is a part of the frequent stay program I use. Wasnt in the room much but housekeeping did a good job. I would recommend hotel replace carpeting, improve breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a middle room for better Internet signal on the WIFI access
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JESS154
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your hotel review. Your feedback has been very helpful.

Our hotel is able to offer nightly discount rates for discounts such as AAA, AARP, SENIOR, GOVERNMENT, MILTARY, U of I Student Discounts and more! We also offer discounted rates for Weekly and Monthly stays during our Non Event Dates.

We are working on offering additional breakfast choices. Currently we offer Coffee, Tea, Juice, Milk, Danish, Bagels, English Muffins, Toast, Muffins, Cereal, Oatmeal and Instant Grits.

We would like you to know that the hotel has just had the carpets professionally cleaned in all guest rooms and public areas.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I Stayed twice at this Microtel in late April and early May. Excellent value for money with everything you expect from the Microtel chain. Clean, free internet and a continental breakfast. Only downside, it is a little remote as though built in anticipation of the city moving in their direction - which it didn't. The only other business on that junction of the freeway is a large filling station. Would I stay there again, absolutely.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for using our facility twice this year-we appreciate your return business!

Our hotel strives to offer clean, quiet, affordable accomodations and friendly customer service. We are able to provide all guests with an area map to nearby shopping, restaurant and entertainment options that are only half a mile away! In addition to the map we also have brochures and restaurant menus available.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The only redeeming quality about this place was the service from the front desk. Both people I encountered were very friendly and helpful.

My wife and I stayed here during University of Illinois' Homecoming Weekend. A time when all area hotels jack up their rates, but our two night stay at this place came out around $200. That is more expensive than their typical weekly rate.

When we first walked in the room we felt we were camping in one of those little pop-up campers. The room was very small and cramped. The bed had thin sheets and blankets that were very scratchy and totally uncomfortable. The pillows were musty. The bath towels were small and very itchy.

I would rather sleep in my car than this place ever again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your hotel review. The information provided was helpful. I am very delighted to hear the Front Desk Staff members were helpful and polite during your stay.

At our Microtel Inn location you can expect typical brand standard items such as Built-in Room furniture, Queen Beds, a bay window seat overlooking a window, full length mirrors, full size bathtub-shower combinations. If you are feeling cramped in one of our single Queen Rooms-you can always try at the Front Desk to switch to a larger Double Queen Room. The price is a little higher but the extra space is worth it!

Special Event Dates for our area include U of I events such as Moms Day Weekend, Dads Day Weekend, Football Games, and Wrestling Tournaments. While the rates for special events are higher than Non Event Dates we still remain competitive to comparable hotel prices in our area. We have remained consistent in the pricing for the last 5 years while others have continued to raise their rates. We value our return guests and always try to accomodate them in any way possible.

Thank You!

Travellers are raving about these Champaign hotels

pequot lakes
Reviewed 8 January 2011

t was snowing and icy and we wanted off the road quickly.. called from the car. It looked good from the outside.. soon as we got into the motel, I should have listened to the voice in my head to leave once I seen the plastic table cloth inside the door on a table with booklets on it... the ROOMS>> ARE HORRID.... dirty... beds are horrible!! Do not stay there. If I could leave a negative I would.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
alabama
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We have stayed at this motel for the past 9 years and it is still as nice as it was the first timel. The location off the interstate is great and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Small, Sparse, no laundry facilities and not welcoming. Bug crawling on door when we found our room (in the middle of cornfields so tried to put that out of my head). Uncomfortable beds, bedding and towels. No laundry facilities for soccer team, not fun. And after we are home I receive an extra charge with no call, for a broken bed frame. Don't know if we broke it, but would have appreciated a call. Wondering if the quality of the bed frame was the same quality as the rest of the Hotel. It appeared to me both beds were on the floor (very low) when we got there. But lesson learned, you pay for what you get and then you pay some more.

• Stayed September 2010