“all we needed”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped here late on a road trip and was very surprised and pleased with the reasonable price, modern very clean rooms, and large bathroom! This was even more than we needed for a quick sleep and back on the road. Wish they had many more of these "Microtels"!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Natalie L, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank You so much for your review!

We are happy you chose Microtel Inn in Champaign Illinois and would love you to come back again soon!

Thanks

Natalie L.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign

Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The front desk staff has always been very nice to me. You can get an inexpensive option of a mini-fridge and a microwave. The room quality could be a little better, but at the price it is decent enough. I am a repeat customer. The Internet works fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Natalie L, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a repeat customer! We appreciate you coming back to visit us often!
Enjoy your week!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed overnight at Microtel (Champaign, IL) in May, 2014. The single room was not clean (unwrapped drinking straw) on the floor, carpet was visibly dirty, there was some kind of hard, plastic tag type of thing in the bed...under the top sheet. The bottom sheet was not even tucked in, just hanging down. As for cable/satellite I think I counted about 10-12 channels (5 of which were ESPN related). Could hardly find anything to watch. Thank goodness for my tablet, I watched movies on it! Their checkout sign clearly says "12:00 p.m." However, because the cleaning people wanted to finish the block of rooms I was in, they knocked on my door TWICE before 12:00, trying to get done with their day, forget that it wasn't checkout time and I did pay for the room. The second time they knocked, I just went ahead and left. This hotel used to be better. Very disappointed. I do not plan on staying again in the future. Quality has gone way down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Thank retrorustics .

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry for the trouble you experienced during your one night stay that made you feel uncomfortable.

I wanted to let you know we do plan on entering into a new television service contract with a new provider as soon as our current contract expires in 2014. Under the new contract rules we will be able to increase our channel offerings. Currently we have 21 channel offerings.

Please note for future stays at any hotel: put the "Do Not Disturb" sign outside the door until your departure. We have one staff member who strips the rooms of dirty linens and another who cleans the rooms. It was mostly likely different staff members who knocked on the door. Housekeeping is able to knock on all guestrooms with no Do Not Disturb signs starting at 830am. With the sign we hold off until 12:00 checkout time. Many guests leave the hotel and do not tell the Front Desk so housekeeping does not wait to knock on door until 12pm. I apologize for this inconveinance.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My stay was with a group May 2-4, 2014. Everything was generally fine in terms of what I'd expect at a hotel in this price range except for my experience at the front desk upon arrival. So much so, that I rank it poor rather than average. The front desk worker quite simply was rude and abrasive is apparently cursed with the inability to listen. I thought maybe she was having a bad day only with me, but I later heard other customers muttering expletives (two instances) after an encounter with her to get towels replaced. I later found out that this person was actually the front office manager, Ms.[---]. Fortunately, she only worked that Friday night shift, as the subsequent front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, you may see a mystery man come in and out of the building in blue stripped pajamas at odd times. Not sure if this was a staff worker or what, but he would come in for 5-10 minutes and then leave out the front door. I saw him in the evening and early in the AM. A night owl friend saw him around midnight and at 2am. Always with the snappy PJs! Lastly, don't expect much with the breakfast...it is meager.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear J.R

Thank you for leaving a review for our Property the Microtel Inn in Champaign Illinois.

I just wanted to say I apologize for any behavior that came across as rudeness. I have worked in this establishment for 10+ years. I stay because I enjoy working with the public and our repeat customers. I strive to provide the best customer service possible.

It was difficult to check in this group because (you) the group members did not have the confirmation numbers that were assigned by the group leader. Earlier in the day the group leaders wife came to the desk and gave me 1-2 names for each room and instructions for checking in the rooms. She wanted specific persons in specific rooms. When you came to check in you gave me 3-4 names, I needed your specific name or confirmation number to get you into the correct room. The second difficult thing was each room was reserved for 2 adults no children. As you know you showed up with 6 people, 5 of them being children. There was a lot of distracting noise with the children bouncing a basketball in the lobby on the tile floor, I have a slight hearing impairment, so it was difficult to hear what you were saying. I try to repeat what I think I hear to make sure I understand what a guest is saying to me. The third difficult thing is 2 children under the age of 21 tried to check into a room, which I didnt have their names for and we require you to be with an adult who is 21. It was quickly cleared up with me contacting the group leader. From what I remember and the computer shows, the entire checkin process for your room and that room was less than 10 minutes. I try to check in guests quickly and accurately.

We recommend for group bookings: book your group at least 48 hours in advance to arrival. Inform the agent of the total persons occupying the room (this does affect your room rate and we have maximum person rules) Send rooming lists when you can, especially if you want certain persons in specific rooms. Always give your members a confirmation number. This lets the check in clerk know we have your permission to give them a key to your room reservation(s).

Once again JR, I apologize for any confusion in this matter. I do hope you and your group to return to stay with us at the MIcrotel inn, in Champaign Illinois in the future. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were lucky to get a hotel room during graduation weekend, when all the hotel rooms sell out. The price was right, but the hotel was dirty, smelly and some of the staff members were rude. The carpet was filthy. There was a big hole in the carpet in our room, and it had been covered with a loose carpet square. The carpet in the hallways was stained. The towels were threadbare. I chose to go down the road to Starbucks rather than eat the hotel breakfast. This hotel is out a little ways from town. I don't recommend this hotel unless it's your only option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family